Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How i mounted my Garmin montana gps to my T7

iKeoxD

Hey guys and gals, today i am posting a few pics on how i installed my garmin amps rugged mount to my t7, i used the rally raid top mount to mount the garmin amps rugged mount to the top bar above the instrument cluster, i chose to run the wiring down the right hand side and used the oem connector to wire directly to the stock accessory spare connector,this 3 pin connector is for the grip warmer the left hand side is for the fog lamps, the flat 2 pins on either side is for the lighter socket types, i used the connector MT090-3 from link here the rally raid site can be found here rally raid link , i chose to wire the + to the lower right hand terminal as the power is switched with the key, can be seen in the below wiring diagram, hope someone can find this post helpful.

IMG_20220122_134132.jpg

IMG_20220123_141707.jpg

IMG_20220123_141718.jpg

IMG_20220123_141954.jpg

IMG_20220123_142422.jpg

thumbnail_Screenshot_20220123_144756_com.microsoft.office.word.jpg

Edited by iKeoxD
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Nice clean install and yes, you used the correct auxiliary connection.  I wired mine the same way for a fused, switched power source. 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

updated the post as i said the connector on the right hand said was for the fog light i was incorrect, right hand side 3 pin is for the grip warmers left hand side 3 pin is for the fog lamps.

Edited by iKeoxD
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

That looks good.  It appears to take the GPS cradle out further forward than the bike's dash.  Does it touch?

Also, does your mount have a bit that sticks out on the bottom?

I've got a 595 and looking at mounting options.  I think the fat bottom on the holder could be an issue for clearance/lining up bolt holes?  But perhaps the mount will move this all out more and not be an issue?

IMG-1845.jpg

IMG-1846.jpg

IMG-1847.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I orederd the spacer kit that comes with the rally raid mount takes it out 10 mm more

• Like 1