Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Secondary Air System or SAS ...... Fresh air into exhaust

K2m_950

Can someone help me. I have a friend, This guy has done africa Dakar on a 690 ... wow, .... He is wideband tuning a T7 and, as it's my specialty, I asked him if he disabled the SAS system. He will get wrong AFR readings. Wondering if you guys know about this, have blocked it or, have photos of your motor ...... Anything to help me figure it out what it looks like from the outside  ......... There is this reed valve thing next to the exhaust port and a tube to the airbox and a controller somewhere ...........  lol  Thank you in advance 🙂 

Are you are referring to a system that injects air into the exhaust to help get a cleaner exhaust?  I normally hear that referred to as AIS (air injection system), but it is known by a few different terms I guess.

Pretty sure the T7, MT07, Fz07 engines do not have such a system fitted.

The valve cover has the normal breather hose that goes to the airbox, are you sure this is not what you are looking at?

Look at the 5th post down on this thread where TWDW answers a question about the AIS system.  

fz07_sharer_logo.png.3fd3e4f66c84e31060f

Hello All! I just wanted to remind everyone of the extension of the 2WDW Holiday Sale! I can promise the sale extension for just about another week. And when purchasing products at...

If in doubt post a question to TWDW on their thread in this forum.  I am sure they can give you a final answer on the subject.

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 1