Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Identify this part!

RobR

• Members

Took all the plastics off this week to install a dashcam and repair damage to plastics.  Was replacing the rear tire today and found this on the swing arm.  It was sitting on the "U" part right behind the rear shock.  I have looked and can't figure out where it came from.  Any one have a clue before I ruin my eyesight starting at parts diagrams, playing "where's Waldo"?

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 5.23.32 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 5.23.27 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 5.23.22 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 5.23.17 PM.jpg

Seat-pan bumper? Someone had a recent post about glueing them in.

• Like 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Where is it located?  Pics?  Do we pull it out then glue it back in with the contact or glue it while it's still attached.

• Members

I checked under both the seat pieces and looks like all of those are still in place.  Any other ideas where this part is used on the bike?

Also, this part has a slight taper to the top of the smaller end, and the hole runs all the way thru it.  The seat damper is flat and the hole does not run thru it.

Edited by RobR

• 2 weeks later...

@RobRDid you ever find out what the unknown part is or where it belongs?  I looked all over my bike for something like it but no luck.  

• Members
On 2/8/2022 at 8:49 PM, Suri said:

It’s center stand bumper. 

Thanks!  I don't have a center stand, so any issue leaving it off the bike?

It’s there to reduce vibration, dampen, chaffing, metal to metal contact.  Similar one is on my center stand. Nothing major will happen. Keep it you might find where it was installed. Mean while I will look for on my bike. 

57 minutes ago, RobR said:

Thanks!  I don't have a center stand, so any issue leaving it off the bike?

3DBC91EE-61AF-4BE2-BB0D-64E488AA720D.thumb.jpeg.b89ea30a92d203d613a6deb6cf0b6987.jpeg

check item 3 & 9 should be 4 each 

• Like 1

• Members

Nope, it is not 3 or 9.  All of those are in place.  This part is slightly different shape.

I had the rear wheel off of mine today and made a point to look for the said part but to no avail.  Checked all over too.  Maybe it fell of that Harley you followed home one day and ended up on your swing arm somehow.🤣