Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Drop-in Fork Springs Canada?

YukonPete

I'm looking to replace my fork springs on my T7 as they dive to much for my liking. My riding weight is around 210-220 lbs. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good source in Canada for purchasing a pair of springs? If not the lower 48 is fine. I also can't find any clear information on what spring rate to get, so any suggestions appreciated. I'm not looking to go dirt bike riding. I just need something that will help to smooth out riding over rough roads. bumps and potholes, and stop the extreme dives when braking. Thanks!

I have not used this company, but I am aware of them.  Perhaps they may have what you need.

Or maybe this one...

Pro Action Suspension. Get your suspension done right the first time. Check out our website for all the products and services that are offered. We will give you the plush ride that you deserve.

Edited by Landshark

We sell motorcycle parts and service motorcycles in Vancouver Canada! We carry the top brands of parts. Fast, free shipping on many orders. Check us out today!

Though I’ve yet to take them up on it, this outfit in Vancouver quoted what seemed a fair price on K-tech springs that included shipping. I sourced the part number & spring rate info from the K-tech site. Thanks for reminding me to follow up on this before, well, spring…

KTech springs are available through Bayside performance in Vancouver.

You may not see them listed on their website , but are a Ktech seller and can get anything Ktech makes.

Find the spring you want on the Ktech usa website and then send a message through the Bayside website with the part number you want.  They will quote you a total price and you don't need to worry about getting brokerage fees after the fact or on delivery.

I am 215lbs and went with 6.3 N springs and got proper sag without any need for extra spacers.  My off road running is gravel roads and some rocky trails, but nothing too hardcore.  A 6.6N would also work and I don't think they would be too stiff.   I also run a 90N rear spring from Ktech and am happy with both.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YukonPete said:

I'm looking to replace my fork springs on my T7 as they dive to much for my liking. My riding weight is around 210-220 lbs. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good source in Canada for purchasing a pair of springs? If not the lower 48 is fine. I also can't find any clear information on what spring rate to get, so any suggestions appreciated. I'm not looking to go dirt bike riding. I just need something that will help to smooth out riding over rough roads. bumps and potholes, and stop the extreme dives when braking. Thanks!

I am just a bit heavier at  240 with jacket and helmet. I tried an 85nm rear spring, found that a 95nm was perfect for my weight and accessories. Then, like you, I turned attention to the front, which was clunky over abrupt edges and also dive under braking a bit. With advice from Stoltec Moto, I found I could absolutely improve the front without replacing springs. I pulled the caps on bottom of forks and put the compression settings at 8 click back from full right. That made a significant improvement, making me think new springs are no longer needed on forks. Even with the factory springs, I did not have 30% sag on front, and stronger springs will make the sag even less.

Am still experimenting with comp and rebound settings.

Stoltec Moto said that .65 springs sound about right for my bike, and I just may still go that route, but for now, playing with settings. Stoltec does have drop in springs available.

Good luck, keep us informed what works!

• Like 1

K-tech stuff is what I bought, springs and revalve parts. My suspension guy is here near Calgary AB (older motorcycle mechanic, old road racer and use to strictly deal with Ohlins). He sold me on this stuff, I like the tenere 700 stuff was so good, I k-tech(ed) up my FZ09. Honestly the revalve is great upgrade along with the springs and the K tech equipment is great stuff and won't break the bank. 

Message me for more details. Thanks Wayne