Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Heed basic/bunker crashbar bag compatibility

Boyca

Hey guys,

So I'm currently in the midst of getting some luggage gear together to start doing some weekend camping trips. While being on a bit of a budget my plan is to get a decent 50-60L rollbag and two crashbar bags since our tank is already humpy and I don't want a tankbag just yet. Now I've got the Heed basic on my bike right now and Heed's own bags for those bars are just really lackluster. They're very flat, small and not aesthetically pleasing at all. I remember that there's actually quite a lot of you that also appreciate and installed the Heed crashbars so my thinking was that some of you must have some bags installed. What did you end up going for and why, how is it attached. 

The bags style that I have in mind to getting are the following, my only concern is that it won't attach properly. Also a picture of the basic bars for reference;

Givi_T513_Engine_Bags_Borse_Motore.jpeg

bagtecs_sturzbuegeltasche_251303-06.jpeg

YAMAHA_Tenere_700_BASIC_1.jpeg

Edited by Boyca

• 2 weeks later...

i have the givi T513  5L (don't think they make them anymore ?) and the heed bunker, they fit perfectly. !
I'll take a detail pic to show how they are attached.

IMG_20210811_072929058.thumb.jpg.01ce67ed6288c7777127d36a8ccb890b.jpgIMG_20220212_224524917_HDR.thumb.jpg.7433c697561c073353af24ab6effe61f.jpg

Edited by nolman

• 1 year later...

@DickWY I think around that time I got my hands on a really cheap Kriega r20 secondhand so I sort of forgot about the crashbar bags. Also most of them are just so overpriced it's rediculous. I think if I'd get some now it would be something along the lines of budget brands like LOMO/Rhinowalk or Ali express. Call me a sucker but I'm not willing to put down 80 euros for a single givi 8L bag.