Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Acerbis Tank?

AngryNeutron

Don't know where I've been but I just recently stumbled onto the Acerbis gas tankĀ šŸ˜

Where are folks in the U.S. sourcing these from?

• Moderators

2 threads started on this topic just today alone. Here is the largest thread going. There are a bunch of folks waiting to strike when they are available on this side of the pond. Eagerly waiting news myself.

Ā 

Ā 

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

I live in Texas.Ā  I bought mine from Motostorm in Italy. I installed it today. It had to roughly 3/4 of a gallon in it when I filled it up.

IMG_20220208_140117459_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250RĀ / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

Looks in the right proportion to the bike aesthetics. Hanging out for them in Australia. I prefer the shape to the Aussie Safari tank.

Ā 

Yikes Euro 525 = $837 AUD!! For that price I will put up with a Rotapax until the importer gets them in Oz

Edited by Rider 101
  • Like 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Itā€™s about Ā£380 in Europe. When I got Andy strapz frames from oz I had to pay about Ā£60 extra to receive it. Not sure what the cost is to receive into oz direct from Europe. Well made bit of kit though. Shame itā€™s not white. Or paintable.Ā 

4 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

Looks in the right proportion to the bike aesthetics. Hanging out for them in Australia. I prefer the shape to the Aussie Safari tank.

Ā 

Yikes Euro 525 = $837 AUD!! For that price I will put up with a Rotapax until the importer gets them in Oz

Yeah it's disappointing that the tanks still aren't available in Australia through the distributor. I don't know what the issue is but something must have got lost in the ordering system to be this delayed. I first spoke with the distributor about them in May 2021, and they had them on order with the factory in July when they became available to order.

Makes me wonder if shipping is so expensive they just decided not to send them, leaving all of us in Australia in limbo.

Edited by TimeMachine

I paid Euro 324.05 = $374 USD including shipping from Italy.

Ā 

I bought it from Motostorm because the US distributor kept telling me they were on order but had no idea when they would be getting any.Ā 

Ā 

The fit was real good and it looks better than any other plastic after market tank I have ever purchased.

• Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250RĀ / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

In the UK we can buy both the bike and tank the same day, but it's cold, wet and petrol costs a lotĀ šŸ˜†

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Burnsey said:

In the UK we can buy both the bike and tank the same day, but it's cold, wet and petrol costs a lotĀ šŸ˜†

Right enough. You should work for the tourist board šŸ˜

you forgot the salt.Ā