Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Clutch arm guard (in the way)

Redneckj

There is only 1 thing I don’t like about my T7,  the clutch arm guard.  Hits me in the shin.  Yes I know I can move my leg more to the outside.   But it still bugs me.   For the people that have taken it off, is there any negative effects that you encountered after removing it?   
 It appears that you will need shorter screws because if the thickness of the spacers that are built into the guard.   

I know this is silly but just thought I’d ask before I took mine off.  

41BC3490-0151-4AEF-8C43-F8C0CDA4D58B.jpeg

If the bolts are too long stack some washers under them to mimic the thickness of the guard/spacers you removed.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TexasT700 said:

Have you thot about longer footpegs?

100% yes.  I will install longer pegs and a wider foot brake tip too, eventually.   

No washers.   I’ll just get shorter stainless bolts.   👍

Oh well, took it off and it makes little to no difference.  The “sharp” edge of the clutch arm still hits my shin.  More uncomfortable than the factory guard.  

BC3D95E1-8D20-4BCB-8FC1-699F67C3EE32.jpeg

• Like 1

Yeppers, most factory pegs are almost useless! I have pivot pegs with extensions, nice platform for big feet.😁