Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Model Codes?

Mark T700

Question

Howdy,

Looking at online parts catalogs (Babbitt's Online) for Tenere 700 parts.  The parts catalog lists several different model codes:

XTZ7 MB

XTZ7 MGY

XTZ7 MW

XTZ7 MCB (CA)

XTZ7 MCGY (CA)

XTZ7 MCW (CA)

XTZ7 NB

XTZ7 NL

Some of the 2021 codes are also followed by CA which may mean Canada or California spec bikes?

How are these codes interpreted/what do they mean?  Are they bike colors?

Thanks!

Edited by Mark T700

5 answers to this question

• Members

TLDR version:

XT27MB - Black

XT27MGY - Blue

XT27MW - White

As for the 2022, I don't have any info, but your model code should be on a sticker on the frame, under the seat.  Page 10-2 of the owners manual shows the location.

• Like 1

• Moderators

@Mark T700 CA = California Model. ( fairly sure, but nobody has positively confirmed this that I've seen here).

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Moderators

Moved from General discussion to Tech Questions.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

The white/red in USA has a different colour red to the UK bikes I think. Seen pics of your bikes and it looks nicer than ours.

• Moderators

Funny, I was thinking the Euro red was pretty nice.  Maybe we should trade?  Seriously though, I had purchased some speed stripes from Crispy Designs in 2020 and we both soon learned that the US & Euro red are different.