Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rear suspension link dimensions

jdub53

Question

Can someone provide the center-to-center hole dimensions of the T7's OEM rear suspension links?

I bought my T7 used, and it came with two pairs of links: One pair with 145mm between the hole centers, and the other measures 150mm. The shorter pair also has "BW3" stamped on each link as shown below.

I'm trying to confirm:

1) Are the shorter, stamped links are the T7 OEM items? (I believe they are). 

2) What should the seat height difference be due to the 5mm difference if the links are changed?

20210822_100312.thumb.jpg.e1eee9e29c3eff8982f5aad096d683d8.jpg

9 answers to this question

11 hours ago, GuidoHL said:

Hi all,

Can you tell me the hole diameter on the links and thickness? I'm going to make a set for a bike not yet in my possession.

I think they are 6mm material?

Thanks,

Nick

I just measured my OEM links: Thickness is .235" / 5.969 mm and hole diameter is .476" / 12.09 mm. 

• Like 1

Center to center hole dimensions from the OEM links are 145 mm.  They are stamped with BW3 as well.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Landshark said:

Center to center hole dimensions from the OEM links are 145 mm.  They are stamped with BW3 as well.  Hope this helps.

Excellent! Thanks Landshark.

On 2/16/2022 at 5:48 PM, jdub53 said:

I'm trying to confirm:

1) Are the shorter, stamped links are the T7 OEM items? (I believe they are). 

2) What should the seat height difference be due to the 5mm difference if the links are changed?

For reference, I just received 2 custom made dogbones (based on my measurements), going the opposite way (+20mm). To achieve that, my my new dogbones are 136mm center to center.

So -9mm=+20mm so your +5mm=approx -10mm

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, andy74rc said:

For reference, I just received 2 custom made dogbones (based on my measurements), going the opposite way (+20mm). To achieve that, my my new dogbones are 136mm center to center.

So -9mm=+20mm so your +5mm=approx -10mm

Thanks for the additional reference point!

Hi all,

Can you tell me the hole diameter on the links and thickness? I'm going to make a set for a bike not yet in my possession.

I think they are 6mm material?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi there!

I’ve just got my T7 Second Hand. I’d like to Make sure that the seller did not lowered the bike. I know that “bw3” confirm that are the original yamaha links. However, the Lower original yamaha links does have bw3 as well? 

anyone can help? I’m sending the pics of the links that I have on my bike. 

thank you! 

IMG_2763.jpeg

IMG_2762.jpeg

Hallo Fran Rib,

if you don't know yet, take a yardstick and measure the distance of the mounting bolts (centre to centre), then you will know if you have a lowering or not: the standard measurement (no lowering) is 145 mm (see above).

Edited by norei