Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hidden storage

Dougie

Saw this in the MCN this week. Great idea. I’ve seen other versions on shed n buried etc, but this one is for an individual machine to sink into the floor for security, or space. It can come with a glass top so you could put it in the living room or kitchen and still look at it lovingly when watching tv or cooking😉
only problem…..£20k +vat. 😳

397FC9CC-ABBB-41F2-A21A-F1B69A8F8D89.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well, not sure how much "£20k +vat" equates to in US dollars, but it sounds like a lot. Enough to probably buy a 2nd bike that you can hide in your closet just in case the first one gets stolen.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sunchild714 said:

Well, not sure how much "£20k +vat" equates to in US dollars, but it sounds like a lot. Enough to probably buy a 2nd bike that you can hide in your closet just in case the first one gets stolen.

About $27.000 depending on the rates, the regular VAT in the UK is 20% if i'm correct.

8 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

About $27.000 depending on the rates, the regular VAT in the UK is 20% if i'm correct.

In other words, enough to buy 2 Teneres. So a back-up to the back-up. Nice!

I know it’s mental. Could build an underground garage for that. Or a massive oak framed double one in the garden. 

Don't know about that one but here in the Netherlands i can buy a 3 bin garbage container storage which might fit a bike, have to check sizes.
It's 190cm x 110 x 110 and is hydraulic with a key switch and cost €4229 plus €550 for installing if you can't or won't do it yourself.
In most city's those containers may hold 70kg but some city's allow 100kg so the storage need to be able to handle 300kg.

Ondergronds-Opbergsysteem-voor-drie-cont

Er zijn een aantal standaardafmetingen, uitgevoerd in een stalen verzinkte bak. Zo zijn er standaard maten voor de berging van 3 of 4 afvalcontainers, als ook een berging voor fietsen en motoren. De netto afmeting/ bergruimte voor...

Even if it's too small, buying this and have it made a bit bigger will add €1000 at most (i could even do it myself if i wanted it)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Don't know about that one but here in the Netherlands i can buy a 3 bin garbage container storage which might fit a bike, have to check sizes.
It's 190cm x 110 x 110 and is hydraulic with a key switch and cost €4229 plus €550 for installing if you can't or won't do it yourself.
In most city's those containers may hold 70kg but some city's allow 100kg so the storage need to be able to handle 300kg.

Ondergronds-Opbergsysteem-voor-drie-cont

Er zijn een aantal standaardafmetingen, uitgevoerd in een stalen verzinkte bak. Zo zijn er standaard maten voor de berging van 3 of 4 afvalcontainers, als ook een berging voor fietsen en motoren. De netto afmeting/ bergruimte voor...

Even if it's too small, buying this and have it made a bit bigger will add €1000 at most (i could even do it myself if i wanted it)

You have £4000 garages for your bins? Posh bastards😂👑

good idea though. 

• Haha 3