Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Newbie from Montana

AdvCurious

Hey all, newbie on the forum from Montana. Grew up in Idaho. I've been bit by the T7 bug and am on a quest to find one along with on a few waiting lists. Hoping it happens soon! Have owned a Yamaha FZ-07 for 4 years now and find myself at the end of too many roads that go to dirt in Montana I want to explore. Started my riding on trail bikes back in 2001 on an XR100, now have a CRF450R that I ride offroad and on the snow as a snowbike. Been looking at all the info on this site in my search for a T7 and finally decided it was time to join, so much info! Excited for the upcoming season and hope I will be on a T7 to enjoy it! 

• Like 4

Welcome fellow T7 (and snowbike) enthusiast!

Good luck in your quest to find one! Would be happy to do a run south of the border this summer for some excellent riding!

• Like 2

I think I have Yamaha disease...

You're welcome here @AdvCurious.  I hope you find a bike soon as they are as rare as hens teeth.  Well not quite but close.  Let us know how the process goes and post up a pic of the new bike when it arrives.

• Like 1

Hey, welcome aboard @AdvCurious!!  You came to the right place, this amount of information here is awesome!  My dealer said that supply of new inventory is better than last year at this point...hope that holds true for you and your quest for a T7.  Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2022 at 4:36 PM, AdvCurious said:

Hey all, newbie on the forum from Montana. Grew up in Idaho. I've been bit by the T7 bug and am on a quest to find one along with on a few waiting lists. Hoping it happens soon! Have owned a Yamaha FZ-07 for 4 years now and find myself at the end of too many roads that go to dirt in Montana I want to explore. Started my riding on trail bikes back in 2001 on an XR100, now have a CRF450R that I ride offroad and on the snow as a snowbike. Been looking at all the info on this site in my search for a T7 and finally decided it was time to join, so much info! Excited for the upcoming season and hope I will be on a T7 to enjoy it! 

Welcome fello Statesman. I’m in Bozeman 

Welcome, enjoy - hope you find one soon, put something fun between your legs!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2022 at 8:38 PM, Canzvt said:

Welcome fellow T7 (and snowbike) enthusiast!

Good luck in your quest to find one! Would be happy to do a run south of the border this summer for some excellent riding!

Good to see a fellow snowbiker on here! Thanks man, I'd love to get up your way one of these days on a bike too!

On 2/22/2022 at 5:04 AM, Landshark said:

You're welcome here @AdvCurious.  I hope you find a bike soon as they are as rare as hens teeth.  Well not quite but close.  Let us know how the process goes and post up a pic of the new bike when it arrives.

Thanks @Landshark. Man it has been quite the journey, I had one a short drive away new in blue which I wasn't the most keen on and a used one with 300 miles on it locally. The guy ghosted me on the local one and obviously the new one was gone in a few days. Luckily it got picked up by a local guy here in town! So now I have two deposits on bikes, one is confirmed in May 🤞 I'm still cold calling dealers within 500 miles when I see them pop up as I'd rather lock one down than rely on a rough date of delivery these days. 

On 2/22/2022 at 7:14 AM, Jollyman said:

Hey, welcome aboard @AdvCurious!!  You came to the right place, this amount of information here is awesome!  My dealer said that supply of new inventory is better than last year at this point...hope that holds true for you and your quest for a T7.  Good luck! 

Thanks @Jollyman! I've done my share of lurking here, excited to be joined and hopefully be adding some input by the end of this year! Have one confirmed by a dealer in May, so hopefully that comes true. Still calling dealers that are getting them to see if they are all sold. Not gonna miss out on another! 

On 2/22/2022 at 8:04 AM, RobR said:

Welcome - I found mine at Maverick Motosports in Missoula.  Highly recommend them.

Thanks for the tip @RobR, was over there this last summer chatting to the salesmen about them and their used fleet. They let me take a spin on one down the road and I was sold, well I was sold before I even rode one as I already have a dirt bike and FZ-07. I've been staying in contact with them but no units confirmed yet, still crossing my fingers they get confirmed on two or more and I can jump on it. 

On 3/5/2022 at 6:18 PM, Charles De Mar said:

Welcome fello Statesman. I’m in Bozeman 

@Charles De Mar small world! I'm in Belgrade, we'll have to get in contact and do some riding together. Were you one of the lucky ones to pick one up early from Blitz? Was really hoping to buy from Ryan but unfortunately there are too many local guys that want one, looks like I'm going to have to drive to go get one. 

On 3/5/2022 at 6:38 PM, thepointchris said:

Welcome, enjoy - hope you find one soon, put something fun between your legs!

Thanks @thepointchris! It's been a wild ride trying to find one, I've been putting in the time. Bound to find one relatively close soon enough... I hope anyhow! Rather find my time riding than searching and calling 😎

• Like 1