Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Foot Pegs...

Innocente46

I heard recently that KTM690/790/890 footpegs fit straight on the T7. Can anyone verify this?

Approx 1/2-1mm needs to be shaved from the width of the peg where it fits into the stock bracket on the tenere frame.

I have not done it myself but there are many pics out there from people running KTM pegs.

Remember to get KTM springs as well.  They are soo much stiffer and fit better than the soft yamaha ones. 

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, williestreet said:

Approx 1/2-1mm needs to be shaved from the width of the peg where it fits into the stock bracket on the tenere frame.

I have not done it myself but there are many pics out there from people running KTM pegs.

Remember to get KTM springs as well.  They are soo much stiffer and fit better than the soft yamaha ones. 

Thanks for that info about the KTM footpeg springs. I've wanted stiffer springs for my T7 but just hadn't asked the question yet.

I have Altrider pegs on my bike and they say they will fit both bikes.  They come with different spacers for I believe just that purpose. However I haven’t tried fitting them to a 790 myself for verification. 

Edited by DT675

Interesting. I have bosley pegs on my 690 and have been wanting some for the t7. Havent been riding the 690 much since I added the yamaha to the garage.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know of any stronger springs that fit the T7 OEM footpegs?

I'd misunderstood the above discussion about KTM springs, and after two months awaiting my local KTM dealer's special backorder to be filled I picked up a pair of 790/890 Adv springs only to find the spring coils' inner diameter is way too small to fit the T7's pegs. 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I always new Kiwis were a bit weird 🤣

Why not use Yamaha WRF450 pegs?

Or Aussie made Pivot Pegz

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

11 hours ago, Redneckj said:

What year and model KTM foot peg springs fit the T7?

thanks in advance!!

No KTM springs will fit the stock T7 pegs.

Ktm springs are fitted when using Bosley pegs because his pegs have a different design for the mounting lug.  With his design the mounting pin through the peg is exposed and this has a smaller diameter than the stock peg. Stock spring on a Bosley Peg results in a lot of movement of the spring because of the smaller diameter and therefore a loose fit.

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 1