Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha OEM Center Stand bolts and washers?

Joey512

Question

Hey folks,

I purchased a Yamaha OEM center stand, mounted it wrong, and some of the bolts and spacers came off. I saved the stand, but I need replacements for the bolts and spacers. Only trouble is, I can't figure out where to order these parts. Even Yamaha can't help me? Getting nowhere here. I've attached a picture of the parts I have (the one's I didn't lose) and the OEM stand kit w/all parts necessary for mounting the stand. 

Does anyone know the nomenclature of the spacers and nuts/bolts I need. I assume these are industry-standard and widely available...I just don't know what specifically to order, and where to go to get it.

Best,

Matt

IMG-5655.jpg

5 answers to this question

Do you have the OEM installation instructions? Those instructions include a parts list. If you have the parts list, the next step is to identify the parts you have, then deduce the parts you are missing. From there, you should be able to source from either an OEM vendor or fastener supply. The OEM center stand is not an intuitive installation. You must follow the instructions in order

As a side note, if you ever want to inspect your shock linkage bearings, do so before installing the center stand because the center stand mounts block access to the upper linkage bolts.

The parts in your picture appear to be (left to right):

#12 M10x55mm Hex Head Bolt (1 of2)

#6 Flanged bushing (1 of2)

#16 M8 Washer (1 of 2)

#18 M19 Washer (1 of 1)

? washer

#11 Flanged Nylon Locking Nut (1 of 2

#13 M10x60mm Hex Head Bolt (1 of 2)

#17 M10 Washer (1 of 5)

That's my best guess from a picture, so caveat emptor.  You might be better off trying to source the entire hardware kit rather than filling in the blanks. Do you have access to a helpful/sympathetic Yamaha dealer?

Good luck.

Hi Matt.

I bought a second hand centre stand for my T7. Some of the bolts were stripped and one was broken. I measured them and just found matching ones on Ebay very cheaply. Even with the same black finish and Hi-tensile.

It looks like you need more bits than I did but the nuts bolts and washers will be available online once you know the exact measurements. The bolts will be 1.25 05 1.5 pitch . If unsure just buy both as they are cheap. A cheap Digital Veneer gauge will be perfect for measuring the parts you have.

The only problem will be the "top-hat" spacer, you may need to get one made using the other one ( there should be two) as a guide. Any small engineering firm should be able to attend to it.

I did look you a Yamaha parts "fiche" but I don't think Yamaha have them for accessories only standard parts. This is probably a good thing as they would probably want £5 for a simple washer.

This link to the Yamaha website shows a picture of the centre stand with all the parts included in the kit for reference, hopefully it will show up as a link.

2022-Yamaha-XTZ700-EU-Icon_Blue-Action-0

Accessories and genuine parts for the Yamaha Ténéré 700.

Boondocker,

K1100,

Thanks for your feedback, Gents.

I'm not too savvy when it comes to this stuff (didn't even know that it was called a "top hat" spacer). And I've never measured a bolt...guess its time to figure it out. Amateur hour.

Boondocker,

The OEM center stand actually did not come with installation instructions. Not sure why. Do you have the instructions, and if so, were those parts you listed from the instructions? Any chance you could send me a pic of the instructions page that lists the actual parts?

K1100, any idea how I might do a google search for a "small engineering firm?" What would the keywords be? Some kind of auto parts manufacturer or something?

Thanks again!

Matt

Hi Matt.

I bought a second hand centre stand for my T7. Some of the bolts were stripped and one was broken. I measured them and just found matching ones on Ebay very cheaply. Even with the same black finish and Hi-tensile.

It looks like you need more bits than I did but the nuts bolts and washers will be available online once you know the exact measurements. The bolts will be 1.25 05 1.5 pitch . If unsure just buy both as they are cheap. A cheap Digital Veneer gauge will be perfect for measuring the parts you have.

The only problem will be the "top-hat" spacer, you may need to get one made using the other one ( there should be two) as a guide. Any small engineering firm should be able to attend to it.

I did look you a Yamaha parts "fiche" but I don't think Yamaha have them for accessories only standard parts. This is probably a good thing as they would probably want £5 for a simple washer.

This link to the Yamaha website shows a picture of the centre stand with all the parts included in the kit for reference, hopefully it will show up as a link.

2022-Yamaha-XTZ700-EU-Icon_Blue-Action-0

Accessories and genuine parts for the Yamaha Ténéré 700.