Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

TST Industries Light Install

Black Dog Moto

Here’s how I did it. 

I got the smoked flush mount signals, 3 to 3 converters and turn signal running mate so that they’re always on. 

I didn’t like how the signals sat on the fairing, so I improvised. You can disassemble the oem signals and use the rubber grommets. Use some snips and cut away about half the rubber and use a bench grinder to square everything back up. On the inside of the fairing, you can use the oem plastic retainer to hold the grommet in. Use a drill bit and open the hole up just a hair and the signal will fit right in. Go back to the grinder with the big plastic nut and take about a quarter inch off it so it’ll fit into the pocket of the fairing. 

I think it turned out great. I like that it sticks out just a bit further than flush. 

23E0BB8B-7C75-493F-AA4C-212FED674FAB.jpeg

• Like 2

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

Good job.  I like the way it came together on the black bike.  Custom for sure.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the write up! I used your method with great results. Only problem I’m having is the indicator light on the dash no longer blinks, it’s just solid when the indicators are blinking. Did you have this same issue? And if so, did you get it fixed?