Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hi from France :-)

clod

Hi all.
Claude from LYON in FRANCE, 57 years old.
I started riding with a TY 50 in 1979 and since then I haven't let go of the handlebars.
I don't have a Tenere 700 yet. But I'm seriously thinking about replacing my Africa-twin.

That's why I came to this forum.
For the moment I will read you a lot -> thank you !! 😉
Otherwise I also ride with a small Beta 300 Xtrainer and old DTMX 250 and 400 (1977 to 1981).

• Like 8

« Light is Right » (Colin Chapman) 

Welcome Claude.
I also have a Honda Crosstourer and looked for a AT because the CT is heavy and not really an allroad, the AT however was too heavy too plus too expensive plus packed with nonsense but that's just my opinion.
Because of that i bought a XTZ660 and a year later i ran into a T7 and loving it.
Still have the CT and the XTZ is most likely sold this Saturday, the T7 is now the main bike and the CT is the grocery shopping bike (don't have a car).
Have fun here and who knows on a T7 in a while.

• Like 1

Welcome Claude! Enjoy browsing the content here. It's a great forum, lots of information and a fantastic community!

À bientôt,

Jan

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum!...plenty of good advice and ideas here.  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Welcome Claude.
I also have a Honda Crosstourer and looked for a AT because the CT is heavy and not really an allroad, the AT however was too heavy too plus too expensive plus packed with nonsense but that's just my opinion.

The CRF 1000 Africa twin is pure pleasure on small roads, on mountain roads and even in town. And above all, you can do all the mechanics yourself without needing a computer.

But, I agree with you, it is an anvil for off road 🥴
Now I did 75000 km with it without any problem. So I just want to change.

I think the T7 will be good to keep driving ergonomics and easier because less heavy and less powerful.

I have to convince myself now that it will be as reliable as the CRF.

• Like 1

« Light is Right » (Colin Chapman) 

Welcome to the forum Claude. Do it!! The T7 is an ABSOLUTE BLAST!

It’s definitely a reliable machine Claude. And a lot less shite on it to go wrong. 
just get a +40mm original rally seat and your arse will thank you. 😉

love France. Want to get down there on the bike for once. 

• Like 1