Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Will vehicles be banned from the Green Lanes in the UK

Alf Meister

green_lanes_1.jpg

Read about a consultation on the green road network that could be used to ban bikes vehicles from unsealed and minor tarmac roads, here with MCN.

If you live in the UK and want to keep using the Green Lanes, you might want to have a read and have your say, before the consultation ends on the 9th April 2022. Judging by how powerful the Ramblers organisation has been in the past, along with all the other groups, unless the offroad riders and drivers don’t get active in responding, the TET and virtually every other green lane in the UK will disappear. 

Have your say here. 

Edited by Alf Meister

Good luck with that.  Unless you have a truck load of money, "They" are going to win and you will loose your green lane access.

The only way around this is to vote the left leaning bastards the hell out with a swift kick in the ass.   Start a campaign that states "if you open the green lanes (or keep them open), you get my vote"  Be vocal to the general public and educate the world around you on the stupidity of this clueless move.   Get your face on TV and in the papers.  Get the masses riled up.  And remember, if they win, get the left voted out and replace the law to allow a return. 

And if there are any lefty's that ride a motorcycle and think shutting the green lanes off are a good idea, I hope your bike gets stolen and you have to walk from now on. 

I better put my laptop away now. 😡 

On 3/8/2022 at 11:37 AM, Landshark said:

Good luck with that.  Unless you have a truck load of money, "They" are going to win and you will loose your green lane access.

The only way around this is to vote the left leaning bastards the hell out with a swift kick in the ass.   Start a campaign that states "if you open the green lanes (or keep them open), you get my vote"  Be vocal to the general public and educate the world around you on the stupidity of this clueless move.   Get your face on TV and in the papers.  Get the masses riled up.  And remember, if they win, get the left voted out and replace the law to allow a return. 

And if there are any lefty's that ride a motorcycle and think shutting the green lanes off are a good idea, I hope your bike gets stolen and you have to walk from now on. 

I better put my laptop away now. 😡 

There are a few incorrect assumptions.....

Why do you think it is Lefties...?

Britain does not have a left leaning government, in fact I can't remember they last time they had one...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, electric_monk said:

There are a few incorrect assumptions.....

Why do you think it is Lefties...?

Britain does not have a left leaning government, in fact I can't remember they last time they had one...

I use the term "lefties" loosely as in "woke" folks, whether that is conservative or liberal in nature.  I guess my argument is that I feel that no other group of people or gov't. should ban one from using public roads and spaces safely.  Your tax dollar paid for them and may go towards maintaining them so why should they ban you from using them responsibly.  Just my opinion.  And because I'm not a tax payer in Britain, my opinion doesn't count anyway.   🙁

I am. 
there’s a selfish streak in brits a mile wide. (I’m a Brit). It’s basically “I want to do what I want to do. But I want you to not do what you like if I don’t agree”. I fell run, and hill walk, but “ramblers” as a collective, who think like the above statement, are worse than the group who thought like it in the 30s in Europe. They pretend to be nice people. It’s the same basic thought. Selfish, wankers. 😤
(not even been drinking, just a touchy subject here). 
still, mustn’t grumble. there are people in worse predicaments than us. 

“cool wet grass dougie, calm place” 🤐

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've just bought a Garmin Montana 700i and the OS ordnance survey maps 1:25k are £314.99 ! It is a crazy price but if I think that I might not be able to use it because it will be forbidden to ride on byways, I might really avoid buying it.

Garmin_125_SD_card_1__38271.1634809713.3

The best place to buy your GB hiking, walking and travel maps and guides, as well as outdoor gear and accessories; Great offers and free postage!

By the way, do you know if the 1:50k is still fine to spot public byways? The package with 1:50k maps is much much cheaper.