Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Black Widow Exhaust Install and Sound

Black Dog Moto

Installation was easy. Quality of the muffler looks great, but the midpipe fitment isn't good at the can. Black Widow sends a bottle of some sort of exhaust sealant which hardens up. ONLY AFTER IT LEAKS OUT OF THE PIPE AND GETS EVERYWHERE. Sounds good on the road at least. For the money it's a decent option over the more expensive stuff, assuming their fitment is perfect. 

• Like 3

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

OMG.  Great video showing the difference in sound.   Much better sounding than stock.  Love it.

Yeah I had that happen with my widow exhaust. Mine leaked most at the 2-1 collector where the header and midpipe come together. Still love the exhaust and the cost vs quality is great 👍.  I plan on ordering a spare baffle to cut up to tune the sound to my liking. Decat and no baffle is a bit too much for me, while fully baffled it'd be great for touring, for my taste at least

I went with the slightly shorter version and quite happy with it. Ran it with there headers for a while but didn’t like the loss of low down so went back to stock. Had slight leaks at both ends of the mid pipe but a little sealant on the inside fixed that. Nicely modified for character now though. 

4FA8795A-3107-4163-B161-4A8AF7614AAC.jpeg

601AE19F-A6AD-4A5C-A30B-9B0B877DD3DA.jpeg

• Like 1