Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Handlebar ?

Sriingalls1

Need some help , have stock handlebars with risers and slight angle back , still feel that i need more sweep back , still feel it in my shoulders . Don’t think i need more height just some more sweep back , anybody had this problem 

? And can you recommend any new bars , thanks for any help 

/

I did as well. Tremendously. I felt it in my shoulders and wrists after long rides. I ended up putting on ProTaper Contour ATV/High bars. I can now stand well, no shoulder pain, and sweep is improved for my liking.

Edited by Kingsize
  • Like 1

Risers are not always the answer, here's a more in depth video about this topic.
I have e new handlebar (OEM, warranty case) which i go install today and when doing that i'm even thinking about rotating the OEM risers to have it even more forward instead of sweeping back.

Renthal do all different shapes and sizes so the options are there. Not had the problem though.
Is it over distance or immediate? Sometimes we forget we need to keep ourselves flexible and firmed up in the right places. I found by old ten much more comfortable once I re-strengthened my legs/glutes. Shoulders the same. 
if it’s after a few minutes though, it’s definitely wrong for you and forget what I said. 
wrist position is the most vital in my experience. Instant pain if wrong. 

• Like 1

thanks for the info , will look into all options , need to find out what the sweep is on stock bars? will look into tusk chub bars , i see they have some options

The Renthal 831 Fatbar is the same as stock, (or as close as you can get) KTMsx85 2013+

Sweep is listed as 50mm.

Look up the bar dimensions on the website and you can compare to what other options are out there.

When considering different bars remember to check the " F". dimension.  You want to make sure you have enough room on the bar to fit all the stock controls.  

renthal-moto.jpg

Absorb big impacts with the flex and cusion of the Renthal Fatbar. This MX Fatbar is a lightweight, stronger than the competition and comes stock on KXF, CRF & RMZ MX bikes. Find the perfect...

Edited by williestreet

The Renthal site have a comparison tools well. (WORKSFIT)

You can choose 2 different bars and it will lay out all the dimensions for those bars so you can easily compare all dimensions.

They actually have the Tenere stock bar listed. 831-50.  If you chose the KtmSX85 and compare they are listed as being exactly the same. 

https://www.renthal.com/worksfit/

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/19/2022 at 5:14 PM, williestreet said:

The Renthal site have a comparison tools well. (WORKSFIT)

You can choose 2 different bars and it will lay out all the dimensions for those bars so you can easily compare all dimensions.

They actually have the Tenere stock bar listed. 831-50.  If you chose the KtmSX85 and compare they are listed as being exactly the same. 

https://www.renthal.com/worksfit/

Hi Mr,

I also realized they are exactly the same in shape but is it also same in material and strenght ? I was thinking maybe T7 specific one is stronger due to being for heavy bike. If there is no difference, I will buy one right away.

5 hours ago, Takata said:

Hi Mr,

I also realized they are exactly the same in shape but is it also same in material and strenght ? I was thinking maybe T7 specific one is stronger due to being for heavy bike. If there is no difference, I will buy one right away.

I have no idea, but I doubt they would make them any different/stronger based on bike size.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 4:40 PM, Sriingalls1 said:

Need some help , have stock handlebars with risers and slight angle back , still feel that i need more sweep back , still feel it in my shoulders . Don’t think i need more height just some more sweep back , anybody had this problem 

? And can you recommend any new bars , thanks for any help 

/

Protaper Evo Adventure bars, run without any additional risers, will give you more rise and sweep vs OEM.  They are nice for me, although I am going to try flipping my OEM riser to the forward position for a better standing position.

Edited by Zero600

31 minutes ago, Zero600 said:

Protaper Evo Adventure bars, run without any additional risers, will give you more ride and sweep vs OEM.  They are nice for me, although I am going to try flipping my OEM riser to the forward position for a better standing position.

If you have shoulder pain/fatigue after riding in the standing position too long these are a great solution. I tended to feel very hunched standing on the T7 and leaned more forward than optimal for seated riding with the OEM bars. I run these on both my T7 and DRZ400 now, they feel more natural and I feel in a more comfortable neutral position sitting or standing. 

23 hours ago, Zero600 said:

Protaper Evo Adventure bars, run without any additional risers, will give you more rise and sweep vs OEM.  They are nice for me, although I am going to try flipping my OEM riser to the forward position for a better standing position.

I recently did this when I removed the Risers from the previous owner and now my Bark Busters are hitting the dash. I've had to modify the bark busters so they don't rub now.

48 minutes ago, Topazsparrow said:

I recently did this when I removed the Risers from the previous owner and now my Bark Busters are hitting the dash. I've had to modify the bark busters so they don't rub now.

Was this with the OEM bars, or the Protaper Evo Adventure?