Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Greetings from the low lands

WalterT

Hi Everyone! 

Just a short introduction: I'm Walter and live in The Netherlands. In two days I'm collecting my Tenere 700 in competition white after riding a Tiger 800XC, BMW R1150GS adventure, doing an epic trip to Mongolia on a Tenere 660 (not my own bike though), a BMW K1200 RS and starting off on a 20 year old BMW K75c.

So started of reasonably, going to bigger bikes and now going smaller again to be able to do more off pavement. 

I love camping out in the wild, and riding trails like the TET allow me to combine that with riding. Other stuff I do: a bit of bushcraft, green wood working and other handicrafts, 3D printing and dreaming of doing a proper big trip through South America.

I'm currently working on designing and sewing my own soft panniers to compliment/replace the Givi/Yamaha cases on trails. If I succeed, I'll post the plans here!

Looking forward to sharing info with you guys, reading about your adventures and being inspired by them to ride more and further!

Cheers, 

Walter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

On route to the ferry just outside Amsterdam was the first time I'd seen the T7 in the flesh on the road, completely irrelevant I know but hey ho.

Welcome. 

Hey Walter,

In two days? Well, I'm also getting mine on friday/saterday at Termaat. Where does it come from?

Have fun whit it!

koos

Hi Koos,

Nice! Mine comes from Topmoto in Apeldoorn. You too, hope the weather clears a bit this weekend :-).

Cheers,

Walter

It's in! First impressions are good, haven't given it the beans yet though. I'm sticking to the easy-does-it break in.

I'll post when I have a bit more experience.

Bummer you need to wait till next week though!

IMG_20191114_161635264.jpg

• Like 1

Nice! I also want to be carefull at the first rides, it's what I did with every new piston on my old 500/600's and it was always a good choice afterwards! Maybe we can ride a TET sometime, we both live near it I guess?

But for the next weeks the old 600 is going to join me on 1200km offroad.

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan! Did parts of the TET in The Netherlands last year near Nijmegen, which was interesting. The TET actually runs partially across the same single track path which is used for the LAW - the long distance walking paths. The weather was crap, so there weren't any hikers, but I feel those paths shouldn't be used by motorcyclists to prevent discussions.

Hi Koos, Walter, 

I would like to join for TET with my T7 from Amsterdam 😊

Best, 

Cagatay

More pictures of your bike with the panniers, please. I am going to get them when we get ours in the US.

17 hours ago, Takata said:

Hi Koos, Walter, 

I would like to join for TET with my T7 from Amsterdam 😊

Best, 

Cagatay

Cool, sounds like a Dutch T7 meet & ride is in the making!  Anyone else :-)?

4 hours ago, Koos said:

Nice plan! But first: I'm still waiting!!

Any news on the planned delivery? Don't worry, I need to run it in first as well ;-).

Guys let's organize and do something. I am gonna eat my mind on this extremely flat country :) I need a little bit of adventure feeling... Otherwise I will start randomly riding on fields even tough it is not legal.🙊

Still a very nice atmosphere! It even looks good as an urban bike :-).

First dirt yesterday for my T7:

IMG_20191124_131150069.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WalterT said:

Still a very nice atmosphere! It even looks good as an urban bike :-).

First dirt yesterday for my T7:

IMG_20191124_131150069.jpg

Looks ace. Great colour...he says in a biased way!!