Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Ride up Manning Canyon, UT

Splix

I'm hoping to put some content together to start a channel called "Motorcycling Detectorist", combining two of my hobbies. Video is not edited well, but the quality of the action cam is pretty good. Audio isn't terrible either. Just under 3 minutes, I cut it heavily to keep it short.

• Like 5

Note: Date stamp is wrong, I rode this yesterday on 3/18. I updated the camera, and set the date stamp to be removed in the future.

What a good riding area.  Did you travel very far to get to it?  

I also noticed the windshield on your bike.  I just ordered a better one for mine and I got an idea of what it might be like from your video.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

I distinctly remember my first dust devil:

1977 on a red/maroon yamaha XS750E, as I took my first cross country trip, I think it was in Nevada for this incident... Being a dumb kid, I bent up a water pipe to serve as a sissy bar to strap all my luggage to, so the bike was super top heavy. I had an open face bell helmet with mirrored sunglasses on. I was on some secondary road and saw the swirling mass up ahead and thought "This will be fun" (as I stated above, dumb kid). That thing peppered my face with sand and gravel, I heard it sand blasting the tank of my new bike. The loaded sissy bar acted as a sail/lever to shake and rattle my whole bike. Scared the poop out of me. Luckily I didn't go down... in about 30 seconds I was out of it but I will never forget.

Since then I have been thru others, but knowing what to expect, they were not nearly as scary...

Same bike, different trip (Note: still didn't adjust the static sag)...

Colorado.jpg

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

On 3/20/2022 at 5:11 AM, Landshark said:

What a good riding area.  Did you travel very far to get to it?  

I also noticed the windshield on your bike.  I just ordered a better one for mine and I got an idea of what it might be like from your video.  Thanks for posting.

This area is about 30 minutes from my garage. An easy drive for the most part, city traffic to start is the most stressful part. I am going to crest the mountain this summer once it dries up, or I get better tires. 😄

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 8:26 AM, Hibobb said:

I distinctly remember my first dust devil:

1977 on a red/maroon yamaha XS750E, as I took my first cross country trip, I think it was in Nevada for this incident... Being a dumb kid, I bent up a water pipe to serve as a sissy bar to strap all my luggage to, so the bike was super top heavy. I had an open face bell helmet with mirrored sunglasses on. I was on some secondary road and saw the swirling mass up ahead and thought "This will be fun" (as I stated above, dumb kid). That thing peppered my face with sand and gravel, I heard it sand blasting the tank of my new bike. The loaded sissy bar acted as a sail/lever to shake and rattle my whole bike. Scared the poop out of me. Luckily I didn't go down... in about 30 seconds I was out of it but I will never forget.

Since then I have been thru others, but knowing what to expect, they were not nearly as scary...

Same bike, different trip (Note: still didn't adjust the static sag)...

Colorado.jpg

My face guard was up but my interior sun glasses in the helmet was down. If both were up, I would have struggled to see. They are more powerful than most think, this one was fairly mild.

• Like 2