Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Cheers from Mt. St. Helens

Chousie

Hey All,

Long time lurker (while I waited the 6 months for my '22 to come in) and finally can join the owners' club.  Very pleased with the bike so far, looking forward to getting through the first 600 for the first service and then I'm off to island-hop around Vancouver BC now that the border is much more reasonable to cross these days.

Got most of my ideas from here or ADVRider and amassed many boxes of parts through the wait for the bike to be delivered.  I have a habit of compulsively modifying every single thing I own from guitars to motos to bicycles to my truck and everything in between.

Here's a list for those curious!

Heed crash bars

Camel ADV sidestand spring

Camel ADV skid plate

Camel ADV one-finger clutch mod

Camel ADV anti-bobble head brackets

AdventureSpec bag supports

AdventureSpec rear rack

Hepco & Becker center stand

Barkbusters

Double Take mirrors

R&G Racing case covers

Yoshimura tail tidy

added a USB charger/volt meter on the right side plug location

Waiting on my order from Eastern Beaver to come in to wire in the Oxford heated grips, and a rad little phone holder I found from the Czech Republic that has wireless charging and mounts right to the GPS bar.  Hoping that Cyclops gets their LED signals in stock sometime soon as well, I'd like to ditch the stock.  Oh yeah, and HP Corse high mount exhaust is on order as well!

It's a lot bigger than my DRZ400SM, but its so nice to take out on the highway and not be pummeled to oblivion by the time I get to where I'm goin.  My second Yammy; first was a '93 FZR600R that I prepped for the track with the ambition to ride at Laguna, but Covid struck and I sold it before I moved out of CA to the boonies by Mt St Helens in Washington state.  The T7 is perfect for the logging roads around my home, there's hundreds of miles of gravel to explore and I am loving the bike so far!

Still very much a newbie to off pavement riding, but my background in cyclocross and XC mountain biking is serving me well-ish.  Lots to learn and always humbled by my buddies that have spent far more time with a motor between the legs than I have.  Great fun all around, and never a bad ride on the T7!

Cheers,

Chris

T7built.thumb.jpg.739f5b131110aeaa41956d880fc3e971.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome to the party.  I’m not terribly far from you.  I’m near Puyallup WA.  I’ve done my fair share of riding on Hwy 25 on my FJR.   That road has gotten HORRIBLE on a street bike.  Shoot me a PM and I’ll give you my info.  

take care!

• Like 1

Welcome Chris.  Good looking bike!  I also have a '22 in black and I've made a few of the same mods.  I'm in the Seattle area and should be passing through your neighborhood this summer on the BDR.  Perhaps some of us can get together for a WA state T7 rally this spring/summer.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 8:12 PM, Zero600 said:

Welcome Chris.  Good looking bike!  I also have a '22 in black and I've made a few of the same mods.  I'm in the Seattle area and should be passing through your neighborhood this summer on the BDR.  Perhaps some of us can get together for a WA state T7 rally this spring/summer.

I would love to join a WA State T7 rally!  Hope you guys don't mind a newbie, I am keen to learn and would love to meet y'all!

@Chousie I'm a relative newbie myself.  Though I have LOTS of experience falling over and picking my bike up again.

How far are you from Greenwater?  That's a good entry point to many fire roads and may be a good meet-up point for riders coming from both north and south.

You may want to follow the USA West board and/or join the PNW T7 Riders "club" here on the forum.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 10:24 AM, Zero600 said:

@Chousie I'm a relative newbie myself.  Though I have LOTS of experience falling over and picking my bike up again.

How far are you from Greenwater?  That's a good entry point to many fire roads and may be a good meet-up point for riders coming from both north and south.

You may want to follow the USA West board and/or join the PNW T7 Riders "club" here on the forum.

I will follow that board and join the club!  Greenwater is a bit of a hike, looks like just a hair under 3 hours one way - but I might be up for making a camping trip out of it or something like that!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Chousie, 

Are you interested in parting with your sidestand?

I just took delivery of a 22 and I am installing lowering links and low seat. And yes I am short!! 5'5" on my best day.

I have a buddy who can weld and I am considering cutting the stand and shortening it, but I wouldn't mind a back up in case it goes badly.

I am in the Vancouver Wa. area and would be up for meeting if your interested.

I ride with a group of 8 in  our area, do a BDR or similar every year plus lots of day trips, you could join us anytime.

I will need to find out about the T7 rally also.