Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Handlebar replacement

Spike4379

Question

So I had a bit of a hard stack offroad for my first time offroad as well

It don't look hard but the bike hit hard and I flipped. I'm all good but I swear to god the bar feels bent  on the right side now.

Should I just order a new yamaha one for 250 and swap it or would you guys suggest something else? I was out of my depth riding today and very stupid going at a different pace than my own, I get all that. The bike is totally fine, crash bars worked perfect.

The only thing I worry about are A. I am 5'6 so any bars that move forward MORE will probably screw me, and B my bar busters are fitted because these bars are threaded, so I don't know if the new bars I buy if they were renthals or something, would work. I literally know nothing about new bars.

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spike4379 said:

So I had a bit of a hard stack offroad for my first time offroad as well

It don't look hard but the bike hit hard and I flipped. I'm all good but I swear to god the bar feels bent  on the right side now.

Should I just order a new yamaha one for 250 and swap it or would you guys suggest something else? I was out of my depth riding today and very stupid going at a different pace than my own, I get all that. The bike is totally fine, crash bars worked perfect.

The only thing I worry about are A. I am 5'6 so any bars that move forward MORE will probably screw me, and B my bar busters are fitted because these bars are threaded, so I don't know if the new bars I buy if they were renthals or something, would work. I literally know nothing about new bars.

Inspect your "Holder, handle lower BW3-F3442-10-00" lower clamp where your bars rest. It has two pins that drop down into the crown. I have had them tweak on me before after an off, and had to straighten them out which solved the skewed bars. This likely is your bars, but worth checking.

• Thanks 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

There is a topic where the right number Fatbar is mentioned as a replacement with the same shape and size.
I had a bent handlebar when i bought it but i got one under warranty and therefore it was an OEM but i could get a black one from the Rally edition, that was nice. It took from December until last week to get it so maybe a Fatbar is not only a stronger solution but alsl a faster.
This was my handlebar and why i couldn't get it set to a position it felt good.
IMG_20220320_135406.thumb.jpg.6a97799a6bbdf43618ae56116d91199e.jpg

Ah yeah okay that's quite the bend!

They replaced your bar on warranty? I didn't think that sort of thing would be covered. I only got this in november so that would be cool if I could. But seeing as I did it by being an idiot I don't think it would be covered

Probably dealer warranty.
They sold me a bike with a bent handlebar.
At first is didn't look bent but when i went on a search why i couldn't get it set right i discovered it.
On the test ride i did mention the twisted front legs, i guess the previous owner didn't mention getting off quite hard when turning it back in after just 2900km.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tenerecanada said:

Inspect your "Holder, handle lower BW3-F3442-10-00" lower clamp where your bars rest. It has two pins that drop down into the crown. I have had them tweak on me before after an off, and had to straighten them out which solved the skewed bars. This likely is your bars, but worth checking.

Right! Thank you for that. I will look up where they are and how to check. I feel like maybe something small like that would be the answer because no way should bars bend that easy. I mean cmon

• Like 1