Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Kickstand Removal w OEM CS

waffl

Question

Apologies for the title, why is there a 26 character limit? It should read something like "Kickstand removal with OEM Center Stand installed"

Has anyone had the misfortune of needing to replace/remove the kickstand with the OEM center stand installed? The center stand really seems to be in the way of removing the bracket bolts #34:

image.thumb.png.073b66dc18a04732ea1312bbdfee962f.png

I removed the bolt from the center stand which gives a bit more room but not enough to actually get a proper wrench in:

image.thumb.png.a915378cb1fa04547ad2e43d0ec922be.png

I simply cannot get enough leverage on these bolts to get the kickstand out but really dread the idea of having to remove the center stand to do so (as I don't have a lift either), has anyone had any experience with this or any tips/ideas?

Edited by waffl

2 answers to this question

@waffl sorry I am not answering your question, but after a recent 1400 mile trip mainly off road I am thinking of removing the center stand and just using the kick stand.  That Yamaha OEM enter stand needs stronger springs on it and it banged against the rubber stop every rock and decent bump I went over.  I eventually zip tied it up.

Just another observation.

I like having the center stand but on this bike for maintenance and loading/unloading, but the banging around is annoying!  

20220301_081021.jpg

Can you not pop a ring spanner on that socket and use an extension bar for leverage?