Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

These fell off.

McMadMac

Question

Doing a bunch of stuff to the bike and these fell off. One on the right side and one on the left. I had the tank propped up, but not off. Cannot figure out where they came from. Anyone?PXL_20220328_195822745.thumb.jpg.bb35c1efd3991410c4b8141cd957d63b.jpgPXL_20220328_195817057.thumb.jpg.821c53d0d362181a1efe5519ea3a1565.jpg

8 answers to this question

There are several (what Yamaha calls damper plates) between the fuel tank and the plastic tank cover.

• Like 1

Figured they are from in there somewhere. I just can't see it.

I think I've seen those on another thread.  I think they are from the side panels.  That's my guess.  You may see the "tattoo" from the sticky tape Yamaha used to attach them.

• Like 2

Not from the panels as far as I can see. No witness marks on anything under them and I've had them off multiple times. This is aggravating...

Found it! I didn't even take these panels off completely. They just fell off both sides.PXL_20220328_204633648_MP.thumb.jpg.f3a0a0054f24529a7c2d3f5ed9528183.jpg

Yes, that's what I thought.  Funny they don't show them as separate parts on the diagram I have.  Thanks for showing us by picture what you found.  Good job.  Now go have a beer, you deserve it.

Hi,

First post on this site. I'm looking at page 4-5 on the service manual. The black panel piece when the rubber part fell off of is called the "Air Duct"( I think-please correct me if I'm wrong). I don't see the "rubber damper" on the diagram. What is the rubber thing called, and if possible, the part number would be much appreciated. I'll check Partzilla and see if I can find it. I found the rubber thing on my garage floor and I haven't taken any body parts off-yet.

Pete