Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Waiting on a Tenere in TN

Kenan

Hello, I am new to this forum. I just placed a deposit on a 2022 Ceramic Ice Tenere 700. I have been riding for several years. I currently have a KLR that I have ridden for quite a while. Ready to upgrade my adventure bike. (I have other street bikes).

I am located in East TN near the NC line.

I was wanting some opinions on the factory bags. They look pretty good to me - I like the style and look. Does anyone have the factory side cases that can give their opinion? I do not plan on getting the factory top box. I usually use a dry bag in that location when traveling. I would also like some thoughts on the factory driving lights. I want heated grips on the bike but I have heard that the factory heated grips are not very good. Any comments on the driving lights and heated grips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any comments.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the soon to be parked in your garage T7.  I don't have any experience with the grips or the side cases but I'm sure someone will chime in.  Be sure to sort through the mountain of information on this forum to glean a bit more insight into farkeling to your ride.

Post a pic up when you get it.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like the Yamaha heated grips have been discontinued, as per the following post.

I have ordered a set of Oxford Heaterz Premium Adventure Heated Grips, as I have had good luck with Oxford in the past. If you go with the Oxford heated grips, just make sure you get the newer versions that have the waterproof connectors. The older versions did not have waterproof connectors.

For Example: 

oxford_heaterz_premium_adventure_heated_

Oxford Premium Heaterz Grips offer five different heat settings to get you through a chilly evening or a cold winter.

On 3/29/2022 at 6:55 PM, Kenan said:

I was wanting some opinions on the factory bags

I have the factory hard panniers. I think they are made by Givi. I am happy with them but they are rather expensive. Unless you need them right aways for a trip, I suggest getting your bike first and read what people say and do on this site. Hard bags are awesome... if you stay on the road. They do not hold up to repeated crashes!

It is easy to get carried aways with buying trinkets (as I know all too well). A better seat is the first order of business for many of us, unless you are 20 years old with buns of steel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

On 3/29/2022 at 4:55 PM, Kenan said:

Hello, I am new to this forum. I just placed a deposit on a 2022 Ceramic Ice Tenere 700. I have been riding for several years. I currently have a KLR that I have ridden for quite a while. Ready to upgrade my adventure bike. (I have other street bikes).

I am located in East TN near the NC line.

I was wanting some opinions on the factory bags. They look pretty good to me - I like the style and look. Does anyone have the factory side cases that can give their opinion? I do not plan on getting the factory top box. I usually use a dry bag in that location when traveling. I would also like some thoughts on the factory driving lights. I want heated grips on the bike but I have heard that the factory heated grips are not very good. Any comments on the driving lights and heated grips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Congrats!

The Oxford Adventure grips are a great choice in my opinion.  Had them on my last bike, and they were the first thing to go onto my T7.

19 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

I have the factory hard panniers. I think they are made by Givi. I am happy with them but they are rather expensive. Unless you need them right aways for a trip, I suggest getting your bike first and read what people say and do on this site. Hard bags are awesome... if you stay on the road. They do not hold up to repeated crashes!

It is easy to get carried aways with buying trinkets (as I know all too well). A better seat is the first order of business for many of us, unless you are 20 years old with buns of steel.

Thank you. I believe I will wait until I ride the bike some, I hope to get it next week. The dealership said it shipped on April 12th. I have had Givi bags on other bikes and I have Tusk Panniers on my KLR. I do like the look of the factory Yamaha bags. Probably a seat first like you said.......

16 minutes ago, Zero600 said:

Congrats!

The Oxford Adventure grips are a great choice in my opinion.  Had them on my last bike, and they were the first thing to go onto my T7.

I do have a set of Oxford on a KLR. They are really good. I do like the way the factory grips have the control built into the grip instead of having  a seperate seperate control like the Oxford. BUT - you can't go wrong with something that works. Thank you for the input.