Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

G'day from Wuerzburg

marcaureladv

Hey guys,

my name is Marc and I preordered a T7 WR in blue which should come in May; probably 🙂

If all goes well, I will start a trip from Germany to Iran in June with my World Raid.

Cheers, Marc

• Like 3

Welcome Marc!

Sounds like a great trip. Might be one of the first WRs here on the forum.

Jan (between Köln/Düsseldorf)

Welcome Marc.
I'm doing a trip from NL to North Cape in July with a normal (not quite standard) T7.

On 3/30/2022 at 9:53 PM, Tenerider said:

Welcome Marc!

Sounds like a great trip. Might be one of the first WRs here on the forum.

Jan (between Köln/Düsseldorf)

Yeah, think so. As soon as Yamaha anounced the World Raid I gave my dealer a call and ordered one. Waited since December in the hope that Yamaha will build this thing.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 11:41 PM, Ray Ride4life said:

Welcome Marc.
I'm doing a trip from NL to North Cape in July with a normal (not quite standard) T7.

Great, have fun! That's the beauty of the Ténéré.. Nearls every bike looks different. Except the T7 of my wife. She didn't want to change anything to it, except oem crash bars and oem luggage... 🙂

23 minutes ago, marcaureladv said:

She didn't want to change anything to it

Yet 😇

hay mark.

hope you get it on time. verry curious of how it rides.

i have the 2020 version. changed som bit.  but love it to bits. 

once you have it i would love to hear how it is after about 3000 km mate  [mine flew sky high real fast]

@Ray Ride4life when are you leaving as im planning on doing the same around the same time frame.

probably trough Sweden up and along the coast down. as i heard the dirt in Sweden is good and go's all the way up, Norway the dirt is only south.

my date btw is depending on work but its up there somewhere.

18 minutes ago, CoreCass said:

@Ray Ride4life when are you leaving as im planning on doing the same around the same time frame.

probably trough Sweden up and along the coast down. as i heard the dirt in Sweden is good and go's all the way up, Norway the dirt is only south.

my date btw is depending on work but its up there somewhere.

I'm leaving the 9th of July with the overnight ferry from Eemshaven to Kristiansand.
My route through Norway are the Fjords in the south and then the Transatlantic highway, the ferry to Lofoten islands in the south and leaving them in the north.
From North Cape i'm going down via Finland where i do most of it offroad like part of the TET and other dirt/gravel roads until Helsinki.
There i take the ferry to Tallinn and passing Riga, Danzig and Berlin on my way home.
That is the only i have planned, a route i can do in 3 weeks and a departure time because i need to inform my work when i want my vacation but changes can be made when i get tips from the locals or see something i want to check out and i will find places to sleep when i don't feel like riding anymore.