Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Thanks Everyone!

Burnsey

Good luck on the new bike and your new ventures.  Stop in now and again and let us know how the new rocket ship is doing.  That's quite the bike.  Have fun.

• Like 2

Ducati V2S, that's one nice piece of machinery!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it 👍👍

• Like 3

Thanks Burnsey, I agree with the others: Stop by here now and then and show some pics! 🤗

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 8:14 AM, Burnsey said:

After around 6 months on the Tenere, tomorrow it goes to a new home and I will unlikely visit here very often.

I've had BMW GS for many years and the change was probably too radical, so back to a touring bike, but this time a Ducati V2S (formerly known as a Multistrada). 

Who knows, I may be back...

Happy miles with your new ride! @Burnsey

The no reason at all not to hang out here even though you've defected!:008:

I joined the Kawasaki Riders Club UK forum way back in 2010. (Now known as Club K)

It's a fee paying membership and even though I haven't owned a Kawasaki for a few years now I still pay my £30 annual subscription.

It's good value for me and I've made lifelong friends in the 12 years I've been a member.

My Yamaha 700 Ténéré is making some other members on there 'think a bit' as well.

• Like 1

Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.....        

Well, the Tenere went, the wait for the new bike is a few months and the sun is out, so...

The dealer offered me a well looked after used 950S (the bike being replaced by the one I've ordered) with a guaranteed buy back when my new one lands.

So it was delivered on Tuesday and today, my detailer came to do the car and we got stuck in on the bike. It is in great condition, being one former Ducati technician owner, but a little 'grubby, so treated it to a full deep clean and decontamination, machine polish and a coating of ceramic to keep it looking good whilst in my ownership.

It is a little, well, RED, so I'm popping to a graphics guy next week to break it up and other than a navigation bracket and trickle charger, farkles are banned. The issue I now have, is if I like it, I may end up cancelling the new one.

Off to Wales tomorrow for the weekend, riding in some stunning countryside with a mate.

Unknown.jpeg

Edited by Burnsey
  • Like 3

@Burnsey It may be an optical illusion but I bet you can flat-foot with THAT bike! 😉

Best of luck to ya....

Bob

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

1 minute ago, Hibobb said:

@Burnsey It may be an optical illusion but I bet you can flat-foot with THAT bike! 😉

Best of lucky to ya....

Bob

The Multistrada is a bike you 'sit in',  so I'm not far off flat footed. The seat has been sculpted, as the previous owner was a shorty. The OEM seat is coming next week, so the seating position will then be perfect for me.

Managed 650 miles over a few days in mid and south Wales last weekend and have to say I'm happy with the switch.

This photo was taken as we stopped for breakfast and there was a gang of trail riders there including 4 Tenere, KTM, GS, Africa Twin and even a Himalayan setting off on a day playing around the local mud. 

This bike was intended as a stop gap until the new one arrives, but now I'm not so sure, as it really did offer everything I was looking for, just older. We shall see...

Unknown.jpeg

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Burnsey said:

Managed 650 miles over a few days in mid and south Wales last weekend and have to say I'm happy with the switch.

This photo was taken as we stopped for breakfast and there was a gang of trail riders there including 4 Tenere, KTM, GS, Africa Twin and even a Himalayan setting off on a day playing around the local mud. 

This bike was intended as a stop gap until the new one arrives, but now I'm not so sure, as it really did offer everything I was looking for, just older. We shall see...

Unknown.jpeg

Nice photo @Burnsey.  Nice bike too.  Have you thought about getting a T7?  Lol.  Looks like summer is on the way in for you riders in the UK.  I found snow on my lawn this morning but on the weekend I'll be out in the afternoons.

• Haha 1