Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

An Update from Yamaha Australia for Delivery

T700

We want to take this opportunity to address three main points in relation to the release of the all new Ténéré 700 in Australia & New Zealand.

Many thanks for your patience, YMA is pulling out all the stops to organise Ténéré 700s to arrive in AUS and NZ as soon as possible. Containers are due to dock at ports around the country in early December. YMA will call first shipment customers in Australia to confirm they are in this group, with motorcycles allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Note, not all customers will receive their Ténéré in this first shipment. Shipments will follow in early January, with all current orders to be filled by mid-Feb 2020. Shipments generally arrive at their respective Yamaha warehouses approximately 7-10 days after they dock at the port. This time frame does not allow for any delays at the port or shipping issues. In addition, the Ténéré 700 crates require fumigation which is likely to add to that time. Customers who placed their deposits first should start to receive their Ténéré 700s before Christmas

Ténéré 700 was developed in Yamaha’s state-of-the-art R and D facility in Italy with assistance and input from the Dakar race team. To fulfill the high demand for this new model, units are being manufactured in different locations including France – home of the original Ténéré. Each production facility will supply identical bikes to Yamaha’s exacting quality control standards. AUS/NZ models are made in our French factory

All AUS/NZ models will be fitted with oiled foam air filters in place of the stock paper element to tackle local conditions – something YMA has done with other Ténéré models

If you want to know when your Ténéré is arriving, please contact your local Yamaha dealer. We appreciate your patience and we are as excited to be out riding this new motorcycle as much as you are.

Matthew Ferry

National Sales & Marketing Manager - MC/ATV/ROV

Yamaha Motor Australia

AIbEiAIAAABECOrCuqP98IGMhgEiC3ZjYXJkX3Bob3RvKihlNTk3ZGFkOTJiM2I3MDNiNTljZGVhOTRkNTM4NmRlY2U2YzJlMjBlMAH4pCcggEffyoqX9V8wLihSHPxJLQ?sz=40

• Like 1

So if you ring your dealer they will have the info and if not they need to ring  the Yamaha sales team and they will receive the info.

I'll be after one of your Aussie/NZ spec air filters then once they become available , I'm not keen on paper filters .

I hope you all get your bikes soon.

Edited by boboneleg
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, T700 said:
We want to take this opportunity to address three main points in relation to the release of the all new Ténéré 700 in Australia & New Zealand.

Many thanks for your patience, YMA is pulling out all the stops to organise Ténéré 700s to arrive in AUS and NZ as soon as possible. Containers are due to dock at ports around the country in early December. YMA will call first shipment customers in Australia to confirm they are in this group, with motorcycles allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Note, not all customers will receive their Ténéré in this first shipment. Shipments will follow in early January, with all current orders to be filled by mid-Feb 2020. Shipments generally arrive at their respective Yamaha warehouses approximately 7-10 days after they dock at the port. This time frame does not allow for any delays at the port or shipping issues. In addition, the Ténéré 700 crates require fumigation which is likely to add to that time. Customers who placed their deposits first should start to receive their Ténéré 700s before Christmas

Ténéré 700 was developed in Yamaha’s state-of-the-art R and D facility in Italy with assistance and input from the Dakar race team. To fulfill the high demand for this new model, units are being manufactured in different locations including France – home of the original Ténéré. Each production facility will supply identical bikes to Yamaha’s exacting quality control standards. AUS/NZ models are made in our French factory

All AUS/NZ models will be fitted with oiled foam air filters in place of the stock paper element to tackle local conditions – something YMA has done with other Ténéré models

If you want to know when your Ténéré is arriving, please contact your local Yamaha dealer. We appreciate your patience and we are as excited to be out riding this new motorcycle as much as you are.

Matthew Ferry

Yamaha Motor Australia

AIbEiAIAAABECOrCuqP98IGMhgEiC3ZjYXJkX3Bob3RvKihlNTk3ZGFkOTJiM2I3MDNiNTljZGVhOTRkNTM4NmRlY2U2YzJlMjBlMAH4pCcggEffyoqX9V8wLihSHPxJLQ?sz=40

I hope that they give us Americans the same filters! 

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I'll be after one of your Aussie/NZ spec air filters then once they become available , I'm not keen on paper filters .

I hope you all get your bikes soon.

Here’s the part No you’ll need to chase up for the filter, hope it helps

6536634E-1C72-4279-B642-1F18CAB1F212.jpeg

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, T700 said:

Here’s the part No you’ll need to chase up for the filter, hope it helps

6536634E-1C72-4279-B642-1F18CAB1F212.jpeg

Thanks for taking the time to do that 🙂

• Like 2

I am calling into Peter Stevens Geelong tomorrow to find out when I will get mine, im sick of waiting I just want to get on
& ride

• 4 weeks later...

I have just been to Excite Motorsports in Penrith, they have just unloaded my bike off the truck, pick up tomorrow, finally.

I hope the photo comes out

E8093654-EB39-4D15-869D-B59502756F9A.jpeg

• Like 1

Good to here someone in NSW is getting there bike.

I have been told my bike has been released from the warehouse today, so now I have to wait for it to arrive at my dealer. (probly another 3-4days)

cheers, Disco

On 11/19/2019 at 2:17 AM, T700 said:

Matthew Ferry

Yamaha Motor Australia

Can you accidently ship one to Idaho, USA real quick?

12 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Can you accidently ship one to Idaho, USA real quick?

I would if I could but so far QLD and NSW(Australian states) have gotten theirs but we are still waiting in Vic as they are being held up in customs I believe , I/we was hoping to see it by the end of this week but with still no news of its release from Yamaha it’s looking more and more less likely each day, let’s just hope we see it by Xmas , 

I spoke to the salesman at Peter Stevens Geelong who I ordered mine through & he said that they are through customs & hopefully they will see them in the next few days.

I had an update from my dealer this afternoon. He, Being A Top Bloke Hot-Shotted my bike from Sydney overnight and my bike is ready to pickup tomorrow morning.

Can't wait to ride.

Cheers, Disco 

• Like 1

Interesting release from Matthew Ferry, perhaps he could explain why the T7 is not going to appear in New Zealand until late January. Dealers have been told that the ship is unable to dock because of an infestation and will remain at sea until fumigated. A provisional timeline of the 8th -15th January for the ship to arrive in Auckland, where the processing etc will take another week , the bikes will then be released and taken to the Yamaha warehouse. More processing and then trucked out to the dealers.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but! I am convinced that someone cocked up and insufficient bikes were shipped, so the first consignment all went to Australia, make up a shipping delay story and hope the second consignment arrives on time and pass it off as the delayed cargo. 

An infestation needing fumigation for 3 weeks! Please explain why the bikes for Oz were not infected. It's not sour grapes, Kiwis recognise that they live in a small country, in the middle of nowhere and that we depend on the Australian market for scraps.  However why not tell the truth? I don't suppose its anything to do with the continuing 3 year saga of mistakes and mismanagement that resulted the in the T7 being renamed the Yamaha Fiasco 700.

I am a little biased, I placed an early order for the T7, as I had been following the all the press releases and publicity. For the early order I was promised delivery before Christmas and eagerly awaited it, as I was convinced and remain so, that it is a great bike. When my dealer phoned and explained what was happening I rang different dealerships across NZ to check and was given the same story each time. So I thought, I will ring the nice people at Yamaha New Zealand, the not so nice lady who answered the phone, asked what I wanted, I said I was looking for information on the delivery timeframe to which she shouted " WE DON'T BOTHER WITH THE PUBLIC, GO SPEAK TO A DEALER, then slammed the phone down.  Ah well I suppose it must be annoying, all those grimy motorcyclists lining up to buy your product. Next thing is they will replace the "Yamaha revs your heart" with

Yamaha hates your guts".