Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

1st Post New Member Out of NH

Tundratom

I just signed on a few minutes ago and glad to be here. 
I haven’t owned a bike in 42 years and got the bug back last summer riding a KTM 250 in Estes Park Co. Over winter I read and read and researched with little hope of finding anything  available for 2022 at any dealer, but I knew I wanted a ADV bike and my focus was on a Tenere for a bunch of reasons. A saleswomen at a semi-close dealership said “just go get a used Japan bike, they last forever and you won’t lose the whole summer”.   Craigslist “ Late Model Yamaha asking $11,500”.  I did not know what model it was. I tried to call the listed number & didn’t work. 2 days later ad still up.  This time I hit reply button got a different number called and 4 hours later I owned a 2021 Tenere 700,  1734 miles,  $1600 worth of mods plus extended warranty thru 2025.  $10,900 .   This never happens to me.  TAT maybe, BDRs definitely. 693C1E7B-553E-42E7-A9B2-ACDFC3B906EC.jpeg.ef5e02d0ac371d03a3c7ff12edc6fb4f.jpeg

• Like 3

Welcome aboard @TundratomGreat score picking up that T7.  It's difficult to find one for a quick buy at the best of times.  Lucky you.  That's actually better than buying a new bike.

• Like 1

Welcome! Love your bike 😄 Those dryspec bags must be good because they are perpetually out of stock!

Welcome! Diligence and a little luck paid off! I was able to get my hands on a '22 with the same strategy. This group is a wealth of knowledge, especially for me who like your self hasn't owned a bike in quite some time. The TAT runs right through our backyard here in Azalea, OR, so drop a line if you ever get out this way.

Edited by SO_Rider