Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha T7 side rack compatible with

Hmilitao

Question

Hi!

I'm Hugo and I'm writing from Portugal.

Just got my T7! Great surprise!

But now I have a technical issue... The bike is 2nd hand and it comes with original Yamaha T7 top case. Which is Givi.

Now I want to put some side cases but don't now if original Yamaha rack is compatible with Givi cases or if I need to upgrade the top rack structure (and buy side rack) to be able to use my Givi cases.

Any comments in that?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Hi Hugo

Don't know if you have done this yet?

I have just fitted OEM rear rack and pannier racks, it all fits together really easily

Cheers

Tony

IMG_9851.jpg

IMG_9852.jpg

I believe all their official luggage systems are from Givi. So it would surprise me if their OEM rack doesn't support a Givi sidecase, being from the same brand and all.

Hey Plantyman, can the top box attachements that poke up be removed?  So far this is the only rear rack that I find to fit the OEM side racks, but I don't want a top box.  Just plan to strap my tent and stuff across the rear rack.

Hi Rich

I will have a look tomorrow, I am fairly sure they do un-bolt but will confirm

Hi Rich,

Sorry for the delay, the 2 mounting pillars at the front of the rack that the top box slides on to are held in place with allen head bolts, so easy to remove.

The rear central pillar is fixed with 2 weird nuts underneath, you could grind them off and remove the pillar but its not going to be useable for a Givi topbox anymore.

On 6/8/2022 at 6:30 PM, Plantymon said:

Hi Hugo

Don't know if you have done this yet?

I have just fitted OEM rear rack and pannier racks, it all fits together really easily

Cheers

Tony

You shoud have the connecting bar between pannier supports:

image.png.5e8e3707bd5f7dc833de4b7679cc560f.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaume said:

You shoud have the connecting bar between pannier supports:

image.png.5e8e3707bd5f7dc833de4b7679cc560f.png

Thanks for the heads up, its installed but I hadn't fitted it when I took the photo

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 1:06 PM, Plantymon said:

Hi Rich,

Sorry for the delay, the 2 mounting pillars at the front of the rack that the top box slides on to are held in place with allen head bolts, so easy to remove.

The rear central pillar is fixed with 2 weird nuts underneath, you could grind them off and remove the pillar but its not going to be useable for a Givi topbox anymore.

Don't think I ever thanked you for providing this... I'm going to add this to my OEM side racks so I can strap my tent and sleeping bag there.  Just waiting for a sale, the OEM stuff is so pricey!

• Like 1