Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Where do you stick on your decals?

NeilW

I have a lot of aftermarket parts on my T7 and have a big collection of decals . I have been waiting to put them on.  Where have you put your decals, if you did? Photos would be great.

In about two weeks i have more space, when my MIVV Dakar is in the other side will be exposed as well.

IMG_20220322_231350.jpg.6a90087b108f0ee2f8d1a8516bd9bd7a.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

In about two weeks i have more space, when my MIVV Dakar is in the other side will be exposed as well.

IMG_20220322_231350.jpg.6a90087b108f0ee2f8d1a8516bd9bd7a.jpg

What is that strap? Looks positioned as a seat belt 🙂

17 minutes ago, NeilW said:

That’s for the way home from the pub. 🍺

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, NeilW said:

That's the leg strap from my Mosko Moto Reckless 40.
1568291183_IMG_20220403_104520(Large).thumb.jpg.f44130c10e02d8e3c84123aadcd15537.jpg

• Like 1

On my toolbox. 

I am not sticking bunch of stickers all over my bike, unless I have a big scratch or dent I want to cover.  

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 5

Neil,

I am NOT a sticker guy, that said, if I found a nice looking reflective sticker @Camel ADV.... then I may put one on my bike and advertise for a friend!

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

7 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Neil,

I am NOT a sticker guy, that said, if I found a nice looking reflective sticker @Camel ADV.... then I may put one on my bike and advertise for a friend!

Good on ya for that !

• Like 1

I put mine on the side of a tall cabinet I have in my garage.  I don't generally put stickers on my bike unless it's in good taste.

• Like 3

I've never been able to make myself put stickers on my bike.  I mean, I get sponsored stickers, and for sure I'd use them if I was being sponsored, but I don't see much point in advertising companies that did nothing but sell me something.  The advertisement they get is their part on my bike.  

I get wanting that whole sponsored rider/racer look, though, for sure.  I think about it often, as I've got all my stickers in a drawer plus more on my toolbox... but I just can't make myself do it.  I won't even put the branding stickers on my exhaust. 

It *may* be because if I put one on crooked, it'll drive me absolutely crazy.

2 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

Where do you stick on your decals?

On my friend’s bike……crooked!

You're a very, very bad person.  🤣

• Like 7

Most of the stickers/decals I acquire are in a notebook as if I'll ever apply them some day.

You have to be pretty darn special to get cred on my bike. That being said...

1410226402_CamelADVsticker.jpg.f7d038a7cbffe98ace084b5fa874b7f2.jpg

• Like 4

Nothing says it better that I have insurance than a wrinkled, crooked AAA sticker on a Buick👍

B4202673-2B32-4DFE-9390-D48F6F7045A3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well, there we go.  I just got the first sticker I'm putting on my T7 with my new fork springs (after an eternity in customs-limbo):

image.jpeg.9599ff2cdc83d06771050b3b2c5be440.jpeg

It's actually useful!  Sure, it'll end up under the seat I think, but still.  A sticker I'll definitely put on the bike.

Maybe even the swingarm!

• Like 3

I "stick" most of mine right in the trash.  Or give them to kids.  Kids love stickers.  At one point I had nearly a hundred of them and gave em to my buddies kid.  2 days later almost all of them were all over his KTM 60... A lot of them not related to motorcycles or automotive at all...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...