Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Northern Ontario Canada

GPSAT

Ordered a Black T7 Oct 7 2019. The Yamaha rep said I should see it sometime in June 2020. I pulled the trigger shortly after I received the email for the presale campaign.  Trailside Sports in Espanola ON will be brining it in for me and I highly recommend the drive there for their service. The owner and staff have been excellent to me. I also ordered a couple grand in Yamaha accessories.

I have been adventure motorcycle touring since I got my license in 1984. Once GPS guidance became affordable, I started GPS Adventure Touring on motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile, and 4x4 vehicles. I have thousands of kms of unpaved routes through and around Northern Ontario and +45 yrs of back country experience. I have had many bikes in the garage over the years and always hoped a manufacturer would come up with a dependable low displacement twin with above average suspension to be an off road bias transporter. I remember walking into the Yamaha dealer as a kid and seeing the Tenere 750. Flash forward to today and tada! For me...  coming off several KTM adventure bikes, I think this will be the best available ride.

Edited by GPSAT
  • Like 2

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

3 minutes ago, GPSAT said:

Ordered a Black T7 Oct 7 2019. The Yamaha rep said I should see it sometime in June 2020. I pulled the trigger shortly after I received the email for the presale campaign.  Trailside Sports in Espanola ON will be brining it in for me and I highly recommend the drive there for their service. The owner and staff have been excellent to me. I also ordered a couple grand in Yamaha accessories.

I have been adventure motorcycle touring since I got my license in 1984. Once GPS guidance became affordable, I started GPS Adventure Touring on motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile, and 4x4 vehicles. I have thousands of kms of unpaved routes through and around Northern Ontario and +45 yrs of back country experience. I have had many bikes in the garage over the years and always hoped a manufacturer would come up with a dependable low displacement twin with above average suspension to be an off road bias transporter. I remember walking into the Yamaha dealer as a kid and seeing the Tenere 750. Flash forward to today and tada! For me...  coming off several KTM adventure bikes,  I think this will be the best available ride.

Welcome !

It's a superb bike and well worth the wait. I've written a few things on here based on my impressions plus my ride in the Pyrenees in Sept/Oct. I rode it for 20 miles from new, then 2 days later straight off into the mountains for 500 miles !

Enjoy browsing the internet for goodies in the meantime.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats!!!

Greeting from Vancouver Island. Ordered a Black one...approximately 360 sleeps!

Cheers, Todd

Edited by Todd B

Currently ride a WR290R and a 08 Vstrom 650. Soon to own a2021 T7