Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 WR wins Tunisia Desert Challenge

Tenerider

Yamaha-Tenere-700-World-Raid-Wins-Tunisi

When Yamaha said they were ready to put the new Ténéré 700 World Raid to the test, they meant it. Ténéré World Raid Team’s Alessandro Botturi...

😀

Wow, looks like Alessandro and Pol performed very very well - and Yamaha as well!

I wonder what this GYTR equipped T7 WR would cost... I think a KTM 450 Dakar (don't know the actual name) is yours for around 30k €.

This somehow changes my attitude to the WR model a bit...

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 4

• Tenerider changed the title to T7 WR wins Tunisia Desert Challenge

Well done to Alessandro 👍🏻. They say there is going to be a GTYR kit for sale soon, so for all you WR aspiring riders, if you have quite a few £££-$$$ or €€€, you’ll be able to make a replica. It won’t make a great road bike though, but will look awesome. 

• Like 3

I’m feeling somewhat affirmed of my purchase now. Less than a month to go before I scratch the tank on my first drop! Hopefully some reverse karma there…

• Like 1

Just talked to my dealer a few days ago. Seems like the first shipment is postponed from May to June 🙄

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, marcaureladv said:

Just talked to my dealer a few days ago. Seems like the first shipment is postponed from May to June 🙄

In the current climate that’s no surprise, almost expected considering the quick product release. I’ll learn a bit more patience.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 8:08 PM, LeighA said:

In the current climate that’s no surprise, almost expected considering the quick product release. I’ll learn a bit more patience.

Same message from Newport CMC Yamaha today.

On 5/3/2022 at 4:34 PM, LeighA said:

I’m feeling somewhat affirmed of my purchase now. Less than a month to go before I scratch the tank on my first drop! Hopefully some reverse karma there…

No, not really. Already expected that the launch will be postponed. But it sucks nevertheless 😉 Already planned to start my trip with the WR from the mids of June through Europe and Turkey.

But never get upset about sth. you can't change...

• Like 2