Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Quick action throttle

Motoadventure

Does anyone know if a quick action throttle is available. I have been told an R6 one may do if anyone knows? following our trip including  a lot of off road riding I am coming to the conclusion that the throttle needs to be twisted quite a bit to get going especially off road  

Thnaks Mick   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Motoadventure said:

Does anyone know if a quick action throttle is available. I have been told an R6 one may do if anyone knows? following our trip including  a lot of off road riding I am coming to the conclusion that the throttle needs to be twisted quite a bit to get going especially off road  

Thnaks Mick   

Yes - see eBay.

here's an example

s-l400.jpg

The XM2 has 3 interchangeable cams allowing riders to adapt the throttle response within a few minutes. Aluminium and Titanium are used to make the throttle lightweight and strong enough to endure the abuse given by riders at every level of competition.

Cheers Rich, 

you would not know if the T7's heated grips would fit this? 

Mick 

1 hour ago, Motoadventure said:

Cheers Rich, 

you would not know if the T7's heated grips would fit this? 

Mick 

No idea, but guess it would. The internal diameter of the throttle tube must be the same.

Rich

Personally I would have thought a slow action throttle would have been more important in the dirt and loose stuff than it would be on the road. Considering the amount of torque this bike has (more than any proper trail bike I would think) then getting the power on gently and smoothly would be paramount on loose, and in tight rough conditions. Of course I say this without ever having ridden the bike myself, nor do I have any idea of your riding skill or style. Just a little food for thought is all.

By the way your Pyrenees trip looks like a real hoot. Stay safe and enjoy yourself, and keep the pics coming.

Shane

Edited by shaneygrog
To get it ryt of course!

• 7 months later...

I am reviving this thread since I want to put Oxford heated grips and i would much rather replace the throttle tube at the same time since it's not quite to my liking. 

I would like the throttle to give more rotation in the end of the rotation, that way I can grab it normally and get less gas in the early stage and more in the last stage.

Anyone tried R6 throttle tube or something else that fits and is affordable?