Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Stoltec Moto Penske Rear Shock

Simmons1

After 2 trips of the rear shock to an expensive suspension shop I bit the bullet and bought a Penske Triple Clicker from Stoltec Moto.

The original suspension shop did an ok job with the OEM shock except on high speed compression hits that really hurt my fat old man back.

The Penske is an amazing improvement right out of the box.

IMG_20220428_142527263.jpg

• Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

I'll bet that is an amazing upgrade, especially if you are a bigger rider like me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 10:13 AM, Simmons1 said:

After 2 trips of the rear shock to an expensive suspension shop I bit the bullet and bought a Penske Triple Clicker from Stoltec Moto.

The original suspension shop did an ok job with the OEM shock except on high speed compression hits that really hurt my fat old man back.

The Penske is an amazing improvement right out of the box.

IMG_20220428_142527263.jpg

Penske shock comes sprung?

What do you weigh and what spring psec did they use?

What fork springs are you using?  revalved or other mods ?

I have repsrung with 90n rear spring and 60 forksprings..much better but both ends need help...harsh high speed compression damping and not enough rebound....and they bottom hard both ends

Im 90kg naked....100kg ready to ride and lightly geared

Thanks

58yrs old/brother/husband/father/paramedic/soldier🇨🇦 

17 hours ago, Terez said:

Penske shock comes sprung?

What do you weigh and what spring psec did they use?

What fork springs are you using?  revalved or other mods ?

I have repsrung with 90n rear spring and 60 forksprings..much better but both ends need help...harsh high speed compression damping and not enough rebound....and they bottom hard both ends

Im 90kg naked....100kg ready to ride and lightly geared

Thanks

The new shock is sprung and valved to your weight, accessories used and riding style. The shock eliminates the nasty harsh high speed compression issues at the rear. Mine has a 600 pound spring.

The forks were resprung and revalved by the shop that originally did rear shock. The forks have 6.6 springs and could probably be a little stiffer yet but work pretty well. If Stoltec had a fork kit when I originally did the forks I would have used it. 

To get better answers I would contact Nick Stoltec directly.

https://stoltecmoto.com/

Edited by Simmons1
  • Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750