Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

HP Corse SPS Carbon slipon

winddown

I saw one of these on a T7 down in town the other day, had a long chat with the owner, took a few pics and then he rode off.  I liked the muffler, he had the tiatanium version, but I was sold when he peeled away up the street.  Best sound ever.  Unless anyone has a horror story I'll order one today.

Here's a pix and a youtube. 

524819245_sps-carbon-short-titanio-yamaha-tenere-700-(2).jpg.1045a9d35f42c3d6cc8df9239a84b183.jpg

Edited by winddown

33 minutes ago, winddown said:

Unless anyone has a horror story I'll order one today.

The same horror story as the OEM goes here, it's mounted to the same easy to bend mounting point.

I already bend it twice in less than a month, a few time more and all the bending and will have it break off.

• Like 2

That's bad luck.  I don't want the high exhaust, don't want the issues with the heat up around the saddlebags.  I'll just have to take it easy on RH corners 😁

2 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

The same horror story as the OEM goes here, it's mounted to the same easy to bend mounting point.

What about this one?  It seems to come up under the guard almost?  And you don't have to cut the mounting bracket off like some.  It has interesting routing

0020036_terminale-sp-1-short-300-titaniu

Silencer SP-1 SHORT TITANIUM + link pipe for original manifolds YAMAHA TENERE' 700 EURO 4/5 APPROVED

Fitting Vid

Edited by winddown
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, winddown said:

What about this one?  It seems to come up under the guard almost?  And you don't have to cut the mounting bracket off like some.  It has very strange routing

Silencer SP-1 SHORT TITANIUM + link pipe for original manifolds YAMAHA TENERE' 700 EURO 4/5 APPROVED

That has about the same routing as the MIVV Dakar, looked at it but it's about €100 more expensive as the MIVV and that's why i ordered the MIVV.
I wanted a high mount and for the bags i have a heat shield that came with the Mosko Moto Reckless.

16 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

That has about the same routing as the MIVV Dakar, looked at it but it's about €100 more expensive as the MIVV and that's why i ordered the MIVV.
I wanted a high mount and for the bags i have a heat shield that came with the Mosko Moto Reckless.

Yes I put the heat sheild in a safe spot.  I like the way these bolt up under the guard.

So if you drop the bike with these the pipe doesn't contact the ground, is that the deal?

Works with the factory tail and indicators too

Edited by winddown

6 hours ago, winddown said:

So if you drop the bike with these the pipe doesn't contact the ground, is that the deal?

Corrrect, and if you manage that it won't bend and scrape the swingarm.

Excellent Ray.  I ordered one, should look a lot nicer too than that stock can too.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2022 at 2:38 PM, winddown said:

Yes I put the heat sheild in a safe spot.  I like the way these bolt up under the guard.

Works with the factory tail and indicators too

@winddown Thank you for posting. I hope you can answer a question for me regarding the position of the HP Corse exhaust as seen on your T7. I have a tail tidy installed on my T7 and would like to get the HP Corse exhaust as well. But I need to know if it will clear my existing right LED as seen in my picture. Can I ask you to measure the distance from the bottom of the tail to the top of the exhaust pipe or any point you feel can help me know if my right LED will clear? Most likely it will be close but I'm also ok adding a bracket and relocating my light within a reasonable amount 🙂

Thanks mate,

Leoh

Right LED.jpg

On 5/4/2022 at 11:07 PM, winddown said:

What about this one?  It seems to come up under the guard almost?  And you don't have to cut the mounting bracket off like some.  It has interesting routing

Fitting Vid

Have this one. Sounds great imho, not loud, doesn't get really hot!

Edit: Sorry, seems it's already been sorted 😅

Edited by Tenerider

41 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Edit: Sorry, seems it's already been sorted 😅

Yeah, lol, done and dusted.  It is nice having the pipe up out of the way and the sound, though muted, is quite decent.

I used that vid for the install but got confused with the two sets of different size spacers.  I emailed the french, or whoever they were and got a sort of English reply telling me the Short ones were for the bracket under the rear guard and the long two were for the HP course plate holder, if you choose to buy it.  Anyway I ended up using the long ones to mount the bracket, they gave me a little clearance off the mudguard.   Without them the can was on the plastic.  I might look into that again...

2 hours ago, Leoh said:

@winddown Thank you for posting. I hope you can answer a question for me regarding the position of the HP Corse exhaust as seen on your T7. I have a tail tidy installed on my T7 and would like to get the HP Corse exhaust as well. But I need to know if it will clear my existing right LED as seen in my picture. Can I ask you to measure the distance from the bottom of the tail to the top of the exhaust pipe or any point you feel can help me know if my right LED will clear? Most likely it will be close but I'm also ok adding a bracket and relocating my light within a reasonable amount 🙂

Thanks mate,

Leoh

I think you'll find the problem will be the lateral proximity to those HUGE indicators you have.  Check out the pix below.  But in all honesty, just BUY the pipe and worry about the indicators later like I did 😃  You gotta have this pipe, it's the pick of the litter and you'll not have to worry about bashing it like the factory one.

PIPE-CAN.jpg.0af61e9458a6505ac45ad562b1600374.jpg

Here is your measurement, the tape held horizontal from the base of the tail light assembly, 12mm clearance to the pipe.  My indicators are not level BTW because of where my mounting holes are.  If they were they'd be brushing the pipe.

pipe-000.jpg.d6c4329461b4c303b018aaf3c4598f50.jpg

PIPE-M2.jpg.b50f6e7944b984650ef9157c766f85da.jpg

PIPE-M1.jpg.c8606ecf1b1fb09fd3a8cb70874879d0.jpg

indi-01.jpg.0cf334fcc1659602c2061505de12f5a7.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, winddown said:

Yeah, lol, done and dusted.  It is nice having the pipe up out of the way and the sound, though muted, is quite decent.

I used that vid for the install but got confused with the two sets of different size spacers.  I emailed the french, or whoever they were and got a sort of English reply telling me the Short ones were for the bracket under the rear guard and the long two were for the HP course plate holder, if you choose to buy it.  Anyway I ended up using the long ones to mount the bracket, they gave me a little clearance off the mudguard.   Without them the can was on the plastic.  I might look into that again...

When I'm back home on Friday, I could take some pics. I had my dealer install it, got a decent package price with some more farkles. So I can't give any first hand installation hints.

5 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

When I'm back home on Friday, I could take some pics. I had my dealer install it, got a decent package price with some more farkles. So I can't give any first hand installation hints.

Yeah, I'd like to see a pic where it runs up close to the plastic guard.  Mine almost touches and I wriggled it this way and that looking for more clearance but no luck.  I suppose I could take the pipe back a little by loosening the muffler clamp and pulling the pipe out some...  Perhaps I'll try the short spacers again.

39 minutes ago, winddown said:

Yeah, I'd like to see a pic where it runs up close to the plastic guard.  Mine almost touches and I wriggled it this way and that looking for more clearance but no luck.  I suppose I could take the pipe back a little by loosening the muffler clamp and pulling the pipe out some...  Perhaps I'll try the short spacers again.

Will do so! If I don't send some pics until Friday morning your local time, send me a reminder here.

14 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Will do so! If I don't send some pics until Friday morning your local time, send me a reminder here.

Will do, if I remember 😁

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, winddown said:

I think you'll find the problem will be the lateral proximity to those HUGE indicators you have.  Check out the pix below.  But in all honesty, just BUY the pipe and worry about the indicators later like I did 😃  You gotta have this pipe, it's the pick of the litter and you'll not have to worry about bashing it like the factory one.

PIPE-CAN.jpg.0af61e9458a6505ac45ad562b1600374.jpg

Here is your measurement, the tape held horizontal from the base of the tail light assembly, 12mm clearance to the pipe.  My indicators are not level BTW because of where my mounting holes are.  If they were they'd be brushing the pipe.

pipe-000.jpg.d6c4329461b4c303b018aaf3c4598f50.jpg

PIPE-M2.jpg.b50f6e7944b984650ef9157c766f85da.jpg

PIPE-M1.jpg.c8606ecf1b1fb09fd3a8cb70874879d0.jpg

indi-01.jpg.0cf334fcc1659602c2061505de12f5a7.jpg

Thank you @winddown for the photos and info. Very much appreciated.

Leoh

• 6 months later...
On 5/4/2022 at 7:19 PM, winddown said:

I saw one of these on a T7 down in town the other day, had a long chat with the owner, took a few pics and then he rode off.  I liked the muffler, he had the tiatanium version, but I was sold when he peeled away up the street.  Best sound ever.  Unless anyone has a horror story I'll order one today.

Here's a pix and a youtube. 

524819245_sps-carbon-short-titanio-yamaha-tenere-700-(2).jpg.1045a9d35f42c3d6cc8df9239a84b183.jpg

Is it possible to remove the db killer??

• 3 weeks later...

On that model?   I wouldn't know, I bought the high mount one.  It was better suited to the T7, that is if you want to use it as an dirt bike and not just a coffee shop cruiser.

• Like 1