Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Non LED hyper flash/small signal pic

toddiscdn

I got a pair of cheap(but smaller) incandescent signals for the rear with stock pumpkins/running lights up front and after hooking them up, they blink normal for a bit and then hyper flash.

They have a smaller bulb that says 12V 10W, looks like stock is a 7440 bulb at 25W, so maybe not enough resistance across the filament of the smaller bulb??

Ideas electric gurus? resistors? would LED flasher help? or is my weird combo of stock and these doomed?

I wanted to keep the front running lights therefore this is the combo I came up with if you are wondering.

Cheers, Todd

Edited by toddiscdn

I believe you need to replace the flash control with one designed for LED. That's what came with my Cyclops kit, as the factory one is not designed for LED bulbs, unless I am incorrect about this.

Just switch the relais for a power independent one like also used with LED.

Thanks, i wasn't sure if the led flasher would work, but Im gonna give it a try.

• toddiscdn changed the title to Non LED hyper flash/small signal pic

Ok, so indeed the LED flasher relay works fine with different wattage incandescent bulbs, might be a bit quicker than stock, but barely so. Thank you all for that.

If anyones interested heres the signals I got, I wanted to keep the front running lights and didnt care how big they were as they are fairly well protected, but the rears just looked HUGE!  SO I found these, almost exactly the same as the OEM ones but smaller, proper yamaha mount etc. around 13 bucks CDN if/when I smash them, so I,ll likely get another pair to have in stock.

Relay

Lights, also available on amazon, ebay etc.

Comparison shot to stockers, Im happy so far, we,ll see how they stand up

20220508_091653_resized.jpg.ff8a28f29953bb4088749c43e95c890f.jpg

Edited by toddiscdn

Oh ya, that tails section is quite an act to get apart EH!, lol. I think I counted 26 fasteners at one point!🤪