Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Wyoming ....

RICKWYO

Finally Found One in San Diego and Bought it on site....

Rode 700 plus miles back to Wyoming, excellent handling bike and now the mods begin.  

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum.  Go WYO!

UW alumni 1989...now in NE Washington.

2022 in Blue:

20220429_110702.jpg.272b62bf01edb8e19cd32c6a3c3b63b6.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome @RICKWYO It must have been exciting to find a bike in San Diego and then ride to Wyoming.  Too cool!  Post often with pics.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Welcome.  Just watched the new Wyoming BDR movie premiere last night, you've got a great state for ADV riding. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

12 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining us! 

Thank you Cruizin, where are you in Idaho?  

12 hours ago, SCARd4Life said:

Welcome to the forum.  Go WYO!

UW alumni 1989...now in NE Washington.

2022 in Blue:

20220429_110702.jpg.272b62bf01edb8e19cd32c6a3c3b63b6.jpg

The blue is sharp and thank you for the shout out.  Many friends of mine graduated at UW in the eighties. I got my broadcasting degree in Arizona, graduated in 1985... You will have to come back to WY for a riding adventure soon. 

6 hours ago, Landshark said:

Welcome @RICKWYO It must have been exciting to find a bike in San Diego and then ride to Wyoming.  Too cool!  Post often with pics.

Yes, it was the Lord Himself that told me to go a specific Yamaha dealership ...Motorworld of El Cajon.    I had been looking nationwide for about 2 months with waiting lists, some 18 deep.   I went down to baja calafornia for cancer treatment and the weekend before the treatment started, I took my wife to the beach with the plan to visit this dealership on our way back to the hotel.   We walk in and the young man asked if he could help me....I said well probably not, but I'm looking for a Yamaha Tenere 700.     He said, yes, we have one, it came in this morning.    They are assembling it right now, it should be ready in 10 to 15 minutes.     The Holy Spirit is awesome how He works.  

So, I bought it when they rolled it out on the floor.    Did 3 weeks of cancer treatment, which has gone very well and the Lord is healing me in a profound way.    I started buying some riding gear and developing the plan to ride the bike home when treatment was finished.    My victory lap tour adventure!  

20220401_160331.jpg

20220401_162445_resized.jpg

20220423_105507_resized.jpg

20220423_105549_resized.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, AZJW said:

Welcome.  Just watched the new Wyoming BDR movie premiere last night, you've got a great state for ADV riding. 

Thanks AZJW....yes we are blessed indeed.   You are welcome to join me in WY.   I rode in AZ during college days in the 80's on the YZ250 ...a blast chasing roadrunners in the desert.     

• Like 1

• 1 year later...