Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Power Wheelies

T700

So I’m curious to know before I get the bike in a couple of weeks, does it power wheelie in first and clutch up in second/third?

44 minutes ago, T700 said:

So I’m curious to know before I get the bike in a couple of weeks, does it power wheelie in first and clutch up in second/third?

I'm crap at wheelies but soon as my mate set off he wheelied it for quite a way !

Bouncing the suspension first and sitting back, it will wheelie in first no probs and I've used this technique off road for wheelying over dips, objects etc. The torque is good and I'm sure anyone who is good at wheelies would be able to do this no problem as you have suggested. I'm just too kind on the clutch.

Rich

• Like 2

3 hours ago, T700 said:

Yes it can power wheelie in first gear, but not in second if not clutching. I’m in love with this bike, it really doesn’t seem only a 70hp bike, so much unexpected fun. I come from a 2013 1190 Ktm adventure , so I know what expect from a high power engine...

• Like 3

• Members

Haven't ridden one yet, but based on my experience with the FZ-07 and all my other bikes, I think it'll power up in 2nd and maybe 3rd as well. 

Someone lend me one to check!

• Like 1

It power wheelies in 1st and 2nd. In 2nd you must use the suspension to do so by getting the proper technique/timing.

In third you can clutch wheelie if you have proper technique with loading the suspension.

• Like 2