Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New rider from Anchorage!

jeremy_mn

Pickup Wednesday, sorting through the accessories recommended in the meantime.  Humbled by the variety and open to any suggestions along the way!

Welcome aboard @jeremy_mn.  

Let's see... Alaska eh?  How about some good aggressive tires front and back.  Crash bars of your choosing.  Good hand guards.   Cold weather hand muffs.  Hand warmers.  Taller windshield if needed.  A Garmin GPS with back road maps loaded. 

There.  I've spent your allowance on good things.  The rest you can waste on beer and women.

You're welcome. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Struggling with crash bars.  Trying to find a good strength to weight ratio, I'm not wanting to ride a fattened pig, but I also don't want them to fold like a stepped on turd if it gets laid down.  Everyone loving the Barkbusters for hand guards?  I've also seen tubular steel that fits outside the factory guards.  Thanks

12 minutes ago, jeremy_mn said:

Struggling with crash bars.  Trying to find a good strength to weight ratio, I'm not wanting to ride a fattened pig, but I also don't want them to fold like a stepped on turd if it gets laid down.  Everyone loving the Barkbusters for hand guards?  I've also seen tubular steel that fits outside the factory guards.  Thanks

I think the hand guards you're referring to are Hepco Becker.  I use them and I like em'.  Not that fancy but I think they'll work for at least one tip over.  I have the "DirtRacks" crash bars you may want to check out.  They have a U.S. site as well.

Yamaha Tenere 700 Crash Bar Fits model years  2020 and upDirtracks engine crash bars made from 1 inch tubing.Mounts to the frame, not the engine. Easy bolt-on installation.Comes with bolt...

• Thanks 1

Welcome @jeremy_mn

Camel ADV Bash Plate

Alt Rider SS Lowers

Bark Busters 

That's  all this baby needs IMO - strong enough, light enough

Enjoy !

• Thanks 1

Heavy Duty Enduro crashbars and Barkbusters saved mine a few time already.

• Thanks 1