Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Model Number Identification

Mark T700

I have a 22 Black "Raven" T7.  The Owner's Manual says it's Model XTZ7N.  Online parts catalogs show two different model numbers....XTZ7NB and XTZ7NL.  I'm guessing one is Raven and one is Team Yamaha Blue?

In the parts catalog, for body and wheel parts that are different colors where one would expect different part numbers between models, different part numbers are provided.  The part description does not, however, say "Blue" or "Black."  Instead, two different phrases are used in  the descriptive text.  One is "UR for DPBMC" and the other is "UR for SMX."  I'm guessing one is blue and one is black.  Which is which?

There is no label on the bike indicating my specific model number.

Any translation for B and L in the Model Numbers...am I B or an L? 

Any translation for UR, DPBMC, and SMX in the parts description text?

Thanks!

• Moderators

@Mark T700 These older threads are regarding the US 2021 models, but might help shed some light on your questions.  (Be sure to read the entire thread as the initial information changes). 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Thanks for forwarding.  Lots of info.  Still in a fog...Blue vs. Black should be easier to decipher.  Fortunately, most of the parts are identical between Blue and Black bikes.