Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Fuel pump issue

LD711

Question

Hi Guys

I picked my bike up on Wednesday after having a 12000 mile service carried out at a Yamaha service centre.

Thursday afternoon I switched the ignition on and found the engine fault light on and the fuel pump constantly on.

Connected OBDII and got fault code P0657
Actuator Supply Voltage "A" Circuit/Open

Been back to Yamaha today, they have had the bike for 5 hours and can’t find the  cause of the fault, they now say they need more time to investigate 

Has anyone else had a similar fault or got any idea what it could be ? 

any help would be appreciated 

Edited by LD711
Spelling
  • Like 1

7 answers to this question

I haven't the slightest idea what to suggest.  Please let us know the outcome so we can learn from this.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Landshark said:

I haven't the slightest idea what to suggest.  Please let us know the outcome so we can learn from this.  

Will do

On 5/14/2022 at 11:13 PM, Hogan said:

Presumably the dealer removed the tank for the service so first thought is wiring under the tank.

Based on the fact the dealer couldn't diagnose a simple open circuit in 5 hours means they were probably the one that caused the fault.

Take it to a competent mechanic.

Yes fuel tank removed during service , fault light came on about 20miles from garage

On 5/17/2022 at 7:51 AM, LD711 said:

Yes fuel tank removed during service , fault light came on about 20miles from garage

I know it is old thread, but where was the problem. I have exactly same situation after removing fuel tank for cable installation... Checked the fuel pump relay, it seems ok. Don't see a problem under the tank...

Hi Maty

My ECU was replaced in the end, apparently there was corrosion on a couple of the pins which had short circuited causing the fault.

I did not wanna hear that... I am allready on my second ECU... do you know where was the corrosion ? On the ECU pins or somewhere else?

Edited by Maty

On the ECU , they asked if I used a jet wash on my bike, I don’t, so possibly the connection isn’t watertight

• Like 1