Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Sunday morning Surprize! (fallen T7)

cameron

I opened the garage this morning to find my T7 had fallen over sometime last night. Amazingly there was no damage to the bike or cars!   the question is, how the heck did this happen? it is stock height, no lowered springs or link. It had been parked in the same spot for at least a few days.

IMG_9635.jpg

IMG_9636.jpg

IMG_9637.jpg

I have noticed that when you deploy the kickstand, it doesn't go very far beyond the middle point and the spring is not that strong.  I think the Cameladv spring will help with this but don't have one yet to try. 

Glad all your vehicles are OK- you have some rare ones!

Edited by Hollybrook
  • Like 1

Wow, there's a Brezelkäfer!

Rarely seen over here...

Cool stuff in your garage! More pictures please...

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

4 hours ago, cameron said:

I opened the garage this morning to find my T7 had fallen over sometime last night. Amazingly there was no damage to the bike or cars!   the question is, how the heck did this happen? it is stock height, no lowered springs or link. It had been parked in the same spot for at least a few days.

You might want to change your habit of turning the handlebar to the right when parking your bikes.
There is a reason most bikes only will go on steering lock with the wheel turned to the left.

The way you do it the slightest movement have them fall over, to the left they will run into the stand instead of rolling of it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

You might want to change your habit of turning the handlebar to the right

Ray, I don't remember that being as much of an issue on other bikes, but I sure notice it on the T7. Good call!

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

5 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

You might want to change your habit of turning the handlebar to the right when parking your bikes.
There is a reason most bikes only will go on steering lock with the wheel turned to the left.

The way you do it the slightest movement have them fall over, to the left they will run into the stand instead of rolling of it.

Good call.  but I don't typically park the bars to the right.   I will be more conscious of it in the future for sure.  I wish I remembered if the T7 was parked that way?

2 hours ago, cameron said:

Good call.  but I don't typically park the bars to the right.   I will be more conscious of it in the future for sure.  I wish I remembered if the T7 was parked that way?

And yet both other bikes in the picture are parked that way, that's why i came with my reaction.

• Like 2

Whoa, that 356!  Big bucks there.

• Like 1

For our Sins, 

Hoo Yaa..

25 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

And yet both other bikes in the picture are parked that way, that's why i came with my reaction.

Guilty as charged!  but in my defense, there is a 3rd bike that is parked correctly... (last pic)it's my wife's though

• Haha 1

• Moderators

@cameron Best defense for this is to park the bike in gear, roll it forward to take out any slack in the gear train and /or chain then deploy the side stand with some slight forward tension against the side stand with your foot, along with the bars turned all the way to the left for the most secure stance.  As far as your bike wanting to get cozy with your mini-cooper, you're on your own! 😉

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Could be the gnome as @Redneckj suggests, but I suspect a jealous XT.

Seriously though, the proper parking technique offered is sound. Mine is usually on its center stand when in the garage. If I'm going to carry that thing around all the time, I darned well better use it.

Classic VW and Porsche air cooled heaven (or hell depending on your perspective). Just wow! 
Another T7 too, woop! 😉

4 hours ago, AZJW said:

@cameron   As far as your bike wanting to get cozy with your mini-cooper, you're on your own! 😉

I have been watching old Herbie movies lately so there might be some of that going on!

• Haha 2