Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

OBDII Code Reader for Euro5 T7

Mark T700

Hello,

What's being used to read and clear codes on the T7?

I'm wondering, with the appropriate adapter cable (eg sold by Camel ADV), if my Harbor Freight Zurich ZR13 OBDII Code Reader will work on my 2022 T7?  Recently built bikes, I believe, like cars have been required for years, must communicate using a common protocol such that so called generic (not manufacturer specific) code readers may be used.  I updated my ZR13 with its latest firmware...available via Harbor Freight website.  There is a slick YouTube video (not from HF) on how to update Zurich code reader tools.

2021 and earlier T7 bikes use a 4 pin OBD connector, while the 2022 T7 is globally Euro5 compliant and uses a 6 pin ODB connector.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I just ordered a generic Euro 5 adapter. 6 pin with a red plug like you stated and a generic ObdII reader and it worked a treat. You can even get cheap little wifi ones that will talk to the Torque app and give you live read outs/gauges.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Buggy Nate said:

I just ordered a generic Euro 5 adapter. 6 pin with a red plug like you stated and a generic ObdII reader and it worked a treat. You can even get cheap little wifi ones that will talk to the Torque app and give you live read outs/gauges.

Could you be so kind to provide order details of the adaptor and reader?

Many thanks

Paolo

euro5-motorbike-obd2-to-6-pin-adaptor-ca

OBD-AUS 6 pin to OBD2 adaptor cable for use with certain later European motorbikes - Moto Guzzi, Piaggio Vespa etc. This is a new plug type created as a...
handheld-obd2-scan-tool-engine-faults_g.

Check why your engine check light is on and diagnose where the fault is coming from. Clear this engine check light. Super Easy plug & play nothing else...

• Like 2