Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New member from the Bay Area

Josh_

Hey guys I finally got my 2022 Tenere 700.  I was on the waiting list for ten months before I got that lucky call from the dealer and two days later I was riding home on the new bike.  I came from a big sport tourer to the T7 and I've never been happier.  The bike does everything I want it to with no problem. Some minor issues I've read others mentioning I haven't even noticed. For me it's the perfect bike.  

I live in the California Bay Area if there are any cool group rides or bike nights withing 200ish miles of me I'd love to check them out.

Anyways I just wanted to introduce my self. Here are a couple random pics I've taken since I got the bike a couple weeks ago.484147094_IMG_20220422_1734304.jpg.018c95a169fcb2681f15a3d2ca474c52.jpg

PXL_20220425_211132206.jpg

PXL_20220429_200739207.jpg

• Like 3

Nice one bud. Just in time for the weather, or is it always like that? 
you guys have needed some serious patience waiting for the bikes. Enjoy. 👍

• Moderators

@Josh_Welcome and congrats on finally getting a T7 in your garage.   No bike is perfect, but this Swiss Army knife of a bike is pretty close for a lot of riders needs. Your pic of the 120 entrance station at Yosemite reminded me of the closest I ever came to being side swiped was on the west bound loop, just past El Cap. Tourists are like dogs, chasing every squirrel ( view) they see and driving safely in their own lane is a distant memory. 

Enjoy the new bike and be sure to ride the 108 to Hwy 4 loop. Maybe a side trip down to Bodie and leave there NW bound. That decent dirt road will drop you out at Bridgeport where you can buy some of the most expensive fuel in the state! 😀

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Welcome @Josh_Nice Bike.  And nice riding area.  Thanks for posting up a pic. Come by often to share your experiences.

9 hours ago, Dougie said:

Nice one bud. Just in time for the weather, or is it always like that? 
you guys have needed some serious patience waiting for the bikes. Enjoy. 👍

The weather's usually pretty nice out here.  I ride year around the winters are pretty mild.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AZJW said:

@Josh_Welcome and congrats on finally getting a T7 in your garage.   No bike is perfect, but this Swiss Army knife of a bike is pretty close for a lot of riders needs. Your pic of the 120 entrance station at Yosemite reminded me of the closest I ever came to being side swiped was on the west bound loop, just past El Cap. Tourists are like dogs, chasing every squirrel ( view) they see and driving safely in their own lane is a distant memory. 

Enjoy the new bike and be sure to ride the 108 to Hwy 4 loop. Maybe a side trip down to Bodie and leave there NW bound. That decent dirt road will drop you out at Bridgeport where you can buy some of the most expensive fuel in the state! 😀

You know I never thought about it but Yosemite might not be the best place to ride considering how distracted the other drivers must be! 

Thanks for the route recommendations, I'm definitely going to check those out.  I'm interested to see how much gas cost in Bridgeport lol.

3 hours ago, Landshark said:

Welcome @Josh_Nice Bike.  And nice riding area.  Thanks for posting up a pic. Come by often to share your experiences.

Thanks for the warm welcome @Landshark!

• Like 1