Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha Tenere 700 release date

Cruizin

Yamaha Tenere 700 Release date   USA release date 

I am told that the bike will be officially announced in November. Released in Europe and AUS in Febuary and released in the USA in June. 

If so, this would be the same schedule as the MT/FZ07 was in 2014.  Of course, this could be total BS, who knows? 

Stay tuned in this thread, post your own predictions below! 

17 hours ago, mjh937 said:

It seems the CARB filling happens quite a while before a new model is released in the US.  Has that happened for the Tenere 700 yet?

I cannot find any documentation of a Carb filing yet. And that makes sense. 

This bike will be released the same way that the FZ07 was. The rest of the world will get it first, we will get it in the USA 6-10 months later. So, look for the Carb filing this spring. 

• Premium Member

Where are you getting the release dates from? My contacts inside Yamaha can’t say anything, that damn NDS always gets in the way ?  All Im getting is “hang in there” and “We should see a lot of smiles real soon” 

12 minutes ago, PNWTEN said:

Where are you getting the release dates from? My contacts inside Yamaha can’t say anything, that damn NDS always gets in the way ?  All Im getting is “hang in there” and “We should see a lot of smiles real soon” 

I have a few contacts at Yamaha USA, Field reps mostly, but these are their guesses and no way are concrete. 

The factory reps don't know when its actually getting released. The Marketing dept knows because they plan for it, but they are so tight lipped it is crazy. 

• Premium Member

Mine are at the National and Regional level also.. it’s good to have connections higher then the BS you get at the dealer level.... ?

Just now, PNWTEN said:

Mine are at the National and Regional level also.. it’s good to have connections higher then the BS you get at the dealer level.... ?

I know a couple of people in the Marketing dept who know, but won't say anything.  

1 hour ago, PNWTEN said:

Yep, Same here.... 

Well, I just got word that the Tenere 700 will not get released at Intermot this week.  This week they are just showing the prototype again. 

In fact rumors are swirling that the bike won't be released now until spring 2019 in Europe and Fall 2019 in USA.  Yes, you are reading this right.   

Hopefully that is just diversion but for now Yamaha seems to be happy just making marketing videos and losing sales to the Africa Twin. 

Some bad news, I just got word from a pretty credible source that the Tenere 700 will be a 2020 model, released a year from now in Europe and not released in the USA until 2020. 

Not set in stone, not verified, but this is a very credible source.    I will keep the forum open and running, so please stick around. 

Well there’s nothing else that’s really appealing to me ATM so I’ll just keep riding the DRZ till then, I was looking at the 701’s but with the rally kit they are a very expensive single cylinder dirt bike that’s not bullet proof, the 660 doesn’t have any more power then the DRZ.

at least we know they have not rushed this bike into production if this is correct 

Wait! Looks like the bike might get announced in November like I predicted last week! Yamaha says bike is 85% ready , they just want to tweak the suspension and show the final model next month! 

http://letsri.de/2018/10/the-tenere-700-is-85-ready/

This isn't a Yamaha announcement but sounds like these guys talked to Yamaha 

The back of this bike looks so low which is good for the seat height but the rear suspension has worried me from the start, the stand up position looks comfortable though with the front height but the back is so low

Archived