Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

self cancelling turn signals

Yammybound88

Question

Has anyone implemented a fix?  I see on the internet there is a tracer 700 video that explains the process which would be similar to the Tenere 700 I am assuming.  BTW I got to sit on a Tenere 700 yesterday.  Can't wait to get mine next summer. 

Cheers

-Bob

Edited by Yammybound88
spelling error
  • Like 1

10 answers to this question

So did anyone try this yet? I'd like to install on all my bikes...once you've tried a bike with self cancelling it makes you really want it!

• Like 1

I’ve ordered these 30% off and 100 day no questions asked satisfaction garrantee. You have to back people who are prepared to back themselves. I’ll let you know how it goes. 

4 hours ago, Matth said:

Surely someone makes a relay with a timer on it without having to go down this route?

then you will have invented something else.

smart turn system is not a timer.

Surely someone makes a relay with a timer on it without having to go down this route?

Triumph do something like this? 

563B0247-6174-4A97-A590-ED6C5FF48B0E.png

9745E890-D5A6-4442-AF40-FC468F3863F2.png

Edited by Matth

On 12/14/2019 at 4:51 AM, Tazmool said:

I'm not sure which fix you are referring to, but I had come across this in the past:

https://safer-turn.com/smart-turn-system/

I'm thinking of trying that when my T7 arrives.  (unless something better appears?)

Tazmool

Hi, I have one of these on my T7 for about 12 months now and It works very well. Very pleased with it 

7 hours ago, Matth said:

Triumph do something like this? 

563B0247-6174-4A97-A590-ED6C5FF48B0E.png

Sure you could try that if you want. Its twice the price, it's a simple timer. Smart turn is based on calculating a bunch of different inputs

I am not sure what the advantages would be of the rely vs microprocessor?

STS-presentation-bg.png

Smart Turn System is a device that automatically cancels your turn signals after each and every turn. Absolute life-saver!

Does it work properly when you turn 2 times the same direction? The switch on tenere is mecanical and stays in the position until you click on it. So how this is supposed to work?

I have this function integrated on the Tiger 800 and I desactivated it as it is counter intuitive. Specially if you have two times the turn in the same direction and usually you would not turn off the turn signals.

36 minutes ago, didier said:

Does it work properly when you turn 2 times the same direction? The switch on tenere is mecanical and stays in the position until you click on it. So how this is supposed to work?

I have this function integrated on the Tiger 800 and I desactivated it as it is counter intuitive. Specially if you have two times the turn in the same direction and usually you would not turn off the turn signals.

Part of the installation of the smart turn system is modifying your switch to momentary contact style. You push it left or right and it springs back to center ready for the next turn. The Directional light shuts off automatically after the bike straightens up. I had them on my Versys 650 and loved them planning to add them to T7