Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New from North Carolina

boop

First bike ever at 34, after years of day dreaming about one. Had a deposit for a CB500X since finding a T7 right now is a pipe dream. By luck, saw one posted on FB marketplace and jumped at it. Was a little worried it's a bit much for me as a beginner but so far it's been working out!

Glad to be here and share in this awesome hobby!

IMG-20220507-WA0000.jpg

• Like 3

Congrats, fine upgrade over the 500!

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum @boop

Nice that you were able to scoop up a great looking used one.  You'll get used to the bike quickly.  Post up your first impressions after a good long ride and have fun.

• Thanks 1

Nice. It can be as mild mannered as you want, or as nasty as you like! Just got the Kriega packs myself. Not done too much farkling though. Throttle lock, Quad lock for phone, passenger footpegs removed (wife won’t get on the bike, girlfriend has her own bike😉). Welcome.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 9:27 AM, NZIAN said:

Nice. It can be as mild mannered as you want, or as nasty as you like! Just got the Kriega packs myself. Not done too much farkling though. Throttle lock, Quad lock for phone, passenger footpegs removed (wife won’t get on the bike, girlfriend has her own bike😉). Welcome.

Ah, nice, how do you like the Kriega packs? I actually didn't buy them myself. The guy I bought the bike from had installed the crash bars and the bags. Said they were outrageously expensive, but I haven't checked 😄 Also got barkbusters that I need to install.

I am abroad for the next 6 weeks and not being able to ride is a bit agonizing. Can't wait to get back and go hunt for some off-roading.

Edited by boop

Kriega packs are relatively expensive, I paid 380 Euro for 2 x OS18 and mounting thingy. I was due to go away 2 weeks ago but ended up doing some building work ( wife locked my testicles in a vice), so not tested. I have an Oxford bag (50 litre) for the saddle, if needed. I’ve not been on any gnarly tracks yet, but I have a CRF250 for that. Wife says I’m getting too old for bikes (64), but bugger that, no bike, no life!

Just now, NZIAN said:

Kriega packs are relatively expensive, I paid 380 Euro for 2 x OS18 and mounting thingy. I was due to go away 2 weeks ago but ended up doing some building work ( wife locked my testicles in a vice), so not tested. I have an Oxford bag (50 litre) for the saddle, if needed. I’ve not been on any gnarly tracks yet, but I have a CRF250 for that. Wife says I’m getting too old for bikes (64), but bugger that, no bike, no life!

I do somewhat regret not having gone the route of a smaller bike to start with, but I've made my peace with the T7 getting abused by my inexperience.

the main thing is to enjoy it. if you ride little or lots, it’s about your comfort zone. bits on a bike can be replaced, so no need to feel bad about abusing it!

2 hours ago, NZIAN said:

the main thing is to enjoy it. if you ride little or lots, it’s about your comfort zone. bits on a bike can be replaced, so no need to feel bad about abusing it!

Thank you! I'll keep this advice in mind.