Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rapid Bike Info Needed

PNGL

Question

Alright everyone, I need some help. I have a 2021 Tenere, but the Euro 4 version. The Dimsport Rapid Bike is shown as having a 2019-2020 version, and a 2021-2022 version. Am I correct in thinking that the "newer" version is just for the Euro 5 models? I emailed Rapid Bike US and they said they didn't know and to email Dimsport. I emailed Dimsport.it AND RapidBike.it support and never got any reply from either. It's been 4 days now. 😑😡
Anyone got a Euro 4 spec 2021 with the Rapid Bike on it, that can help me out? I just need to know which RB Evo version to buy...

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

7 answers to this question

Yours is the 2019-2020 model, so get the early one. US 2021 model was a 2020 euro one by spec. 

• Like 1

Hi. I just ordered the kit for my 2022 T7 and it is number KRBEVO-106C-EX. I think the "C" denotes the Euro5 version. I ordered it from here:

Rapid-Bike-Evo-Exclusiv-Tenere.jpg

The Rapid Bike Evo EXCLUSIV module enables you to take total control of fuelling operations

The drop down menu only lists up to 2021 so I emailed Rugged Roads and they confirmed that the "C" version is compatible with my bike. Euro 5. Sounds like there was a cross over from E4 to E5 during 2021. If you select 2020 model in the drop down it lists the E4 version.

I fitted mine last night and have only run it on tick over in the shed so far. Time for a ride! Good luck. Will be interesting to compare notes. Cheers.

BILD2602.JPG

• Like 1

OK, so rode about 30 miles to try out the Rapid Bike Evo unit before the weather closed in. That has got to be the weirdest ride of my life! Very strange knowing the bike is learning and changing stuff as I travel. Initially not a huge amount of difference but as the miles increased the performance definitely changed. The lurch off the throttle has reduced and probably will do more as I cover the recommended 200 kms learning period. I have a Scorpion exhaust / Camel ADV high enduro tail pipe and factory tuning so introducing the RB Evo into the mix is hopefully going to deal with the changes. I did notice how the power is now smooth through the revs. It was a bit lumpy before, (after muffler / tail pipe install). Early days. I have done 2257 miles before fitting the RB Evo.

Just ordered one myself.  Seemed the easiest way to compensate for aftermarket exhaust.  The other option was to pull ECM and have remapped.  The plug and play, and removability seems to fit my need better and the 250 BP cost ($280USD at current rate) was a plus!

2006 R1,  2018 XR650L, 2022 T7, 2023 Desert X, 2024 WR450F, 2025 V2 final edition

Hi guys, any idea what is the difference in the Evo kit for euro 4 and 5 version? Is it software or hardware difference?