Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hole Original Yamaha Slip-on Exhaust

GM57

Question

Hello everyone !

I'm new on this forum, but I read you since couple of months already.

I'm from France and I just received to day my T7, ordered in September.

I've done my first kilometers today (120km so far) and really love the bike even if I can't push it yet !

However, I noted that there is a hole in the original Yamaha exhaust slip on, at the bottom, or in ohter words at the beginning of the slip on, but underneath. I was a bit surprised when I saw water and smoke getting out from that hole ! Do you also have this hole on your bike?

Thanks for your comment !

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, GM57 said:

Hello everyone !

I'm new on this forum, but I read you since couple of months already.

I'm from France and I just received to day my T7, ordered in September.

I've done my first kilometers today (120km so far) and really love the bike even if I can't push it yet !

However, I noted that there is a hole in the original Yamaha exhaust slip on, at the bottom, or in ohter words at the beginning of the slip on, but underneath. I was a bit surprised when I saw water and smoke getting out from that hole ! Do you also have this hole on your bike?

Thanks for your comment !

Yes, it's there and it doesn't surprise me at all. Have a look at any car exhaust, sometimes you can notice water dripping out of it.

• Like 1

Ok thanks, it reassures me because I was a bit worry this morning, more because of the exhaust smoke coming out by this hole than the water dripping (cold weather this morning, so it made a lot of smoke and easy to see:)). Also the hole is properly drilled and painted, obviously not a puncture!

Its mainly a water drain from condensation, etc...

• Like 2

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp